"Strengths include extent of knowledge and most notably the passion of individuals to get the deal done."Chambers UK, 2018
Hotels, Retail and Leisure: Leading the charge
At a glance
The Hotels, Retail and Leisure sectors are amongst the fastest evolving markets in the UK, and our legal advice is at the forefront of developments. Our original thinking in these sectors, such as leading the way in alternative finance, has helped new ventures flourish and established businesses adapt and thrive.
Nick AlfilléPartner/Head of Corporate
Alex BarnesPartner, Head of Tax
Richard EvansPartner, Head of Real Estate Litigation
Joanne KellyPartner, Head of Construction
Nicola KravitzPartner, Head of Real Estate Private Client
Matthew LindsayPartner, Head of Banking & Finance
Alastair MossPartner, Co-Head of Real Estate
Stephen RavenscroftPartner, Head of Employment
Carl RohslerPartner, Head of Commercial, IP and Technology
Eugene O’KeeffeGeneral Counsel
Melanie BelfordSenior Associate
Liam BellSenior Associate
Fayruz CahillSenior Associate
Craig JonesSenior Associate
Ayesha QayumSenior Associate
Ben ShoreSenior Associate
Clair PhillipsCommercial Property Executive
Nickhil MandoraTrainee Solicitor
Aoife MarrettTrainee Solicitor
Not every situation requires a novel solution, and our team will draw on their wealth of experience in these sectors to apply the most effective approach. Our viewpoint is commercially pragmatic and refreshingly entrepreneurial. Our advice covers a wide range of matters, from real estate to commercial, corporate to employment.
Whether you’re exploring the viability of an investment opportunity, seeking to raise funds to expand your venue, or want to be sure of securing the best price for your premises, share your hopes with us. And see them realised.
- Advising Bowling Green Asset Management (BGAM), one of the UK’s fastest growing owner-operators of branded hotels, on the acquisition of a substantial hotel in Milton Keynes.
- Advising a large national retailer on the management of its substantial portfolio of underleases and concessions throughout the UK, as well as on the sale of freehold assets.
- Advising Irish pub group McGettigan’s on its first British acquisition and subsequent bank finance.
- Advising restaurateur David Moore and his business partner and publican Tony Bennett on the lease acquisition of The Devereux, the historic former Greene King pub.
- Advising Z Hotels on its recent financings with Santander & Scion and OakNorth Bank.
- Advising an international supermarket brand on the development of several London and South East sites.
- Advising a leading retailer of building supplies and timber in the management and strategic issues concerning their sites in London.