"They understand the complexities and subtleties of what we're trying to achieve. They're super smart and highly competent."Chambers and Partners, 2020
Banking and Finance: A broad view that takes in the details
At a glance
Working closely with institutional and alternative lenders as well as experienced and first time borrowers, we view and understand banking and finance from all perspectives. This gives us a practical approach which gets parties introduced, agreements drafted, security structured and businesses financed quickly, smoothly and efficiently. Our team of specialised banking and finance lawyers don’t simply follow convention; as our record as pathfinders and leaders in alternative finance shows, we think beyond the ordinary, to consider everything that’s achievable.
Nicola KravitzPartner, Head of Real Estate Private Client
Mark WhelanPartner, Head of Dispute Resolution
Eugene O’KeeffeGeneral Counsel
Negin KalkanSenior Associate
Our banking and finance team is proactive, inventive, practical and knowledgeable. We advise on lending across a range of instruments, from acquisition finance to corporate mini-bonds, crowdfunding to ICOs.
We advise clients throughout the UK and overseas on secured and unsecured loans both into the UK and internationally, an have experience establishing and advising on UK and cross border security structures. All our advice is based not just on the experience of our banking and finance team, but also on the expertise of our other departments, such as Property, Construction, Employment and Tax. With Memery Crystal, you have the benefits of a broad overview of your business, the transaction your commercial drivers plus intimate knowledge of the documentation, key market standards and the critical elements within security structures.
- Advising Zorin Finance on all of their development finance in the UK (nearly 100 transactions in the last 30 months exceeding £350m).
- Advised Brooklyn Travel Limited in connection with a £12.75m acquisition and working capital facility from HSBC to acquire Stewart Travel Limited and Canterbury Travel (London) Limited.
- Advised the buyer on a £15m BVI corporate real estate acquisition and a related £11m senior/mezzanine loan facility.
- Acted on behalf of institutional lenders and short term finance providers in relation to acquisition and development finance.
- Advised a lender on the debt aspects of various development finance and stretched senior finance loans.
- Advised on a $20m bridge financing for Alufer Mining by Pala Investments and Resource Capital Fund.
- Advised on a €31m financing for the Grupo Pefaco West African gaming business.
- Advised Shanta Gold on its finance transaction with Investec.
- Acted on behalf of a borrower in the natural resources sector in relation to the re-organisation and re-financing of the group’s debt structure.
- Advised Petra Diamonds on its $300 million secured loan note issue and listing.
- Providing ongoing advice and support to a development and bridging alternative finance provider including maintaining standard form documents and documenting all lending to date.
- Acting for various alternative finance providers in the syndication of existing loan books including the transfer of existing loans cross border and advising on confidentiality and GDPR issues.
- Acting for challenger banks in their provision of development, acquisition, corporate and bridging finance.
- Advising challenger banks on security structure and cross border security issues.