"Most helpful in dealing with a range of delicate issues that encompass different cultures and legal systems."Chairman, Vantix Diagnostics
Commercial Contracts: Don’t just look for a solution, look for the right solution
At a glance
Unlike some other law firms which treat ‘corporate and commercial’ as the same offering, at Memery Crystal we have a dedicated commercial team applying bespoke commercial contracts expertise.
Why? It’s because we believe that in order to provide the best advice, you have to provide tailored advice, drawing on appropriate technical knowledge. That means taking the time to understand your clients’ businesses so you don’t give them a solution, you give them the right solution. We’ve found that only a dedicated commercial team can achieve that in this area of work.
With every client we think about the key commercial objectives, ranging from risk management to profit maximisation. These are kept at the forefront of our minds when we’re drafting, negotiating and interpreting your contracts, focusing at all times on what you want to achieve commercially and operationally.
We take this approach for domestic and international clients across various sectors, including media & publishing, IT and technology, sport and financial services.
- Advising Lombard Risk Management in relation to commercial IT outsourcing arrangements. Our team have also advised Lombard on its recent sale and previously, on a number of company acquisitions and disposals (including from/to the US) and AIM fundraisings.
- Advising education information provider Electric Word on its agency arrangements both in the UK and internationally, as well as advising on a distribution arrangement dispute in Australia.
- Advising long-standing AIM client Gaming Realms, on a 10 year framework services agreement with the Jackpotjoy Group.
- Advised Bigballs Media on all commercial contract and intellectual property work in their core business. In particular, we have negotiated key commercial contracts with YouTube and other digital media platforms, for example for our client’s Copa90 and other digital media channels.
- Advising a fintech joint venture in respect of commercial contracts, including software and data licensing.