"Proactive and client-friendly."Legal 500, 2021
Commercial Contracts: Don’t just look for a solution, look for the right solution
At a glance
Getting complete, well-tailored and straightforward legal agreements in place can mean the difference between a successful relationship and a costly dispute. Also, choosing the correct business model and understanding the implications of legislation such as the Commercial Agents Regulations can have a very significant impact on commercial success.
We will work with you from the outset to analyse the advantages and disadvantages of different commercial models, draft and negotiate the key arrangements that support your business, and give you help and support in relation to more standard arrangements. Many years of experience in drafting in a huge variety of different sectors and circumstances mean that we have a wealth of solutions for even the most unusual commercial arrangements. We are also happy to reviewing other parties’ contracts for unfair or onerous terms.
We advise on all aspects of commercial contracting, including:
- Agency and distribution arrangements
- Franchising arrangements
- Contracts for the supply of products and services
- Facilities management, logistics, and supply chain contracts
- Sponsorship, merchandising, product endorsement and image rights agreements
- Advertising and marketing agreements
- Outsourcing agreements
- White label and re-seller agreements
- Research & development agreements
- Joint ventures, consortium, collaboration and partnering agreements
- Standard terms of business, website terms and conditions and consumer contracts.
- Advising Lombard Risk Management in relation to commercial IT outsourcing arrangements. Our team have also advised Lombard on its recent sale and previously, on a number of company acquisitions and disposals (including from/to the US) and AIM fundraisings.
- Advising a global professional membership body with nearly 200,000 members on a range of commercial matters.
- Advising a London-based full service creative communications agency in dealing with ad clearances for a number of household brands.
- Advising long-standing AIM-listed client Gaming Realms, on a 10 year framework services agreement with the Jackpotjoy Group.
- Advising a fintech joint venture in respect of commercial contracts, including software and data licensing.