"Exceptionally competent and hardworking; nothing is ever too much for them."Legal 500, 2020
Equity Capital Markets: a combination of technical excellence and market knowledge
At a glance
On an ECM transaction you need lawyers who know the markets, inside-out. These are market sensitive deals. You want to raise money at a price, but the market is fluctuating. With our market leading knowledge, we help you to do the right deal at the right time.
Nick DavisChief Executive
Melanie Talbot (née Jory)Director
Melanie BelfordSenior Associate
Robert BlackSenior Associate
Vivian KlafSenior Associate
Karen O’GradySenior Associate
Memery Crystal is an industry-leading advisor on IPOs, on the AIM and Main markets. We work with companies, sponsors, nominated advisers, other ECM transactions, brokers and institutional investors.
We represent domestic and international companies including in Africa, Australia, Canada, China, Europe, India and the USA – who are looking to access the UK capital markets. We’re also comfortable working on dual listings, project-managing lawyers across multiple jurisdictions.
We help you to comply with the increasingly complex legislation of ECM transactions, and our deep knowledge of market practice enables us to close transactions swiftly and efficiently.
- Acted for VAALCO Energy, a NYSE-listed E&P, on its dual-listing to the standard segment of the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, with a market cap of U$120 million on admission.
- Acted for Pure Gold Mining, Inc. on a bought deal private placement and non-brokered private placement raising gross proceeds of C$47.5 million.
- Acted for 88 Energy Limited, an AIM and ASX-listed E&P, on an accelerated bookbuild, raising gross proceeds of A$6.75 million.
- Acted for Pure Gold Mining, Inc., a TSX-V-listed gold producer, on its dual-listing to the standard segment of the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, with a market cap of £100 million on admission.
- Acted for Kropz plc, an African-focused phosphate developer, on its simultaneous: (1) share for share acquisition of Cominco Resources Ltd, valuing the enterprise at US$40 million; (2) admission to trading on AIM; and (3) placing and subscription for £27.3 million, with a market cap of £96 million on admission.
- Acted for MOD Resources Limited, an ASX-listed copper exploration firm, on its standard direct dual-listing to the Main Market, with a market cap of A$90 million on admission.
- Acted for Tethyan Resources, a European focussed zinc, silver and copper mining company on its move from AIM to TSX and redomiciliation.
- Acted for Litigation Capital Management, a litigation funder on its AIM listing and £20 million fundraising.
- Acted for technology-enabled lifestyle company, Ten Lifestyle Group plc, on its simultaneous admission to trading on AIM and placing, raising gross proceeds of £32 million, which valued the company at £105 million on admission.
- Acted for Numis Securities Limited, as bookrunner, on an accelerated bookbuild for Horizonte Minerals plc, raising gross proceeds of £8.5 million.
- Acted for ASX-listed Danakali on its dual-listing on the standard segment of the Main Market, with a market cap of £108 million on admission.
- Acted for JSE-listed Tharisa on its dual listing on the standard segment of the Main Market, with a market cap of £299m on admission.
- Acted for TSX-listed Valeura Energy on its dual listing on the standard segment of the Main Market, with a market cap of £146 million on admission.
- Advised Australian based Maestrano Group on their admission to AIM and fundraising.
- Advised ASX-listed Tlou Energy on its dual listing on AIM, with a market cap of £26 million on admission.
- Advised Gulf Keystone Petroleum on a number of matters including: listing a bond in Luxembourg, its move from AIM to the standard segment of the Main Market and $600m debt for equity restructuring
- Advised SigmaRoc on AIM readmission and £50m fundraising
- Advised Petra Diamonds on its Rights Issue to raise $178m; previously advised Petra on a number of matters including its admission to the Premium Segment of the Main Market from AIM
- Advised Pelatro on their admission to AIM and fundraising
- Advised ASX-Listed Reckon Limited on the spin-out of GetBusy Plc and listing on AIM