"Memery Crystal LLP fields six partners who are active in Main Market and AIM-related matters, with particular expertise in sectors such as oil and gas, mining, property and technology. The team has a strong track record acting for UK and international companies; in a recent highlight, Nick Davis led a team advising SigmaRoc on its acquisition of LafargeHolcim, which was financed by a £50m placing of convertible loan notes and ordinary shares. "Legal 500, 2017
Contact Nick Davis
Nick Davis is Chief Executive of Memery Crystal and a senior corporate partner.
Nick specialises in corporate finance with expertise in flotations, equity capital markets and mergers & acquisitions.
Nick advises on public company listings on both the Main Market and AIM and has extensive experience acting for other issuers, NOMAD/brokers and sponsors.
Nick heads the firms’ natural resources team and has worked on many of the largest AIM fundraisings in the sector.
Nick is the only lawyer who sits on the AIM advisory group and regularly speaks at seminars and conferences around the world in relation to the London capital markets.
In his spare time Nick enjoys spending time with his children and walking his puppy, Simba.
- Main market listings including Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited, Green Dragon Gas and Tharisa PLC.
- AIM listings including Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited, Discovery Metals, Media Square, Mobile Streams, Nyota Minerals, MDM Engineering Group and Shanta Mining.
- Broking Clients include Charles Stanley, Cantor Fitzgerald, Strand Hanson, Numis, Royal Bank of Canada and WH Ireland.
- May 2016 – Present: Chief Executive Memery Crystal
- April 2003 – Present: Partner Memery Crystal
- August 2004: First oil & gas listing on AIM
- October 2002: First mining listing on AIM
- December 2000: Solicitor at Memery Crystal
Awards and Recognition
- Named as a leader in his field for his AIM work by Chambers UK in every year since 2007.
- Named as a leader in his field for his AIM work by The Legal 500 UK in 2013.
- Named as a leader in his field for his Oil & Gas work by Chambers UK in 2013.
- Named as a leader in his field for his Oil & Gas work by The Legal 500 UK in 2013.
- Named as a leader in his field for his Mining work by Chambers UK in every year since 2010.
- Named as a leader in his field for his Mining work by The Legal 500 UK in every year since 2010.
- Named as a leader in his field in The International Who’s Who of Mining Lawyers in every year since 2012.
- Named in Growth Company Investor’s ‘Top 50 Movers & Shakers’ list for 2012.
- Named in the Legal Business ‘Legal Experts’ directory in every year since 2009.
- Named as a leader in his field for his Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions work in the Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom directory in 2013.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in United Kingdom for Corporate Finance Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law.