"[Nick Davis] Nick is phenomenal and very much geared towards serving early-stage companies, and he is super effective at that and takes that role very seriously... He manages to cut straight through to the commercial issues."Chambers and Partners, 2021
Nick Davis is Chief Executive of Memery Crystal and a senior corporate partner.
Nick specialises in corporate finance with expertise in flotations, equity capital markets and mergers & acquisitions.
Nick advises on public company listings on both the Main Market and AIM and has extensive experience acting for other issuers, NOMAD/brokers and sponsors.
Nick heads the firms’ natural resources team and has worked on many of the largest AIM fundraisings in the sector. He is the only lawyer who sits on the AIM advisory group and regularly speaks at seminars and conferences around the world in relation to the London capital markets.
Nick also recently led the Memery Crystal team on the NEX listing of medicinal cannabis investment vehicle, Ananda Developments which was the second ever public listing of a cannabis vehicle. He has a personal interest in medicinal cannabis as a Trustee of the charity ‘Olivia’s Vision’, the UK’s leading Uveitis charity raising awareness of the condition from which his daughter, Olivia, suffers. Uveitis like many auto immune diseases is being targeted for medicinal cannabis research. He has been widely quoted in both TV and print media in respect of the emergence of cannabis as an asset class.
In his spare time, Nick enjoys spending time with his children and walking his puppy, Simba.
- Main Market listings including Gulf Keystone Petroleum, Green Dragon Gas and Tharisa.
- AIM listings including Kropz, Pelatro, Ten Group, Gulf Keystone Petroleum, Discovery Metals, Media Square, Mobile Streams, Nyota Minerals, MDM Engineering Group and Shanta Mining.
- Broking Clients include Charles Stanley, Cantor Fitzgerald, Strand Hanson, Numis, Royal Bank of Canada and WH Ireland.
- Advising on the NEX listing of medicinal cannabis investment vehicle, Ananda Developments which was the second ever public listing of a cannabis vehicle.
- 2016 – Present: Chief Executive, Memery Crystal
- 2003 – Present: Partner, Memery Crystal
- 2004: First oil & gas listing on AIM
- 2002: First mining listing on AIM
- 2000: Solicitor, Memery Crystal
Awards and Recognition
- Named as a leader in his field for his Capital Markets: AIM work by Chambers UK in every year since 2007.
- Named as a leader in his field for his Energy & Natural Resources: Mining: International work by Chambers UK every year since 2013.
- Named as a leader in his field for his Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions work in the Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom directory in 2013.
- Named in Growth Company Investor’s ‘Top 50 Movers & Shakers’ list for 2012.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in United Kingdom 2021 for Corporate Finance Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
What our clients think about us
“Nick is phenomenal and very much geared towards serving early-stage companies, and he is super effective at that and takes that role very seriously.” – Chambers and Partners, 2021
“He manages to cut straight through to the commercial issues.” – Chambers and Partners, 2021
“He is approachable and always has a solution for anything.” – Chambers and Partners, 2021
“He is very commercial and very good at seeing through things and cutting straight to the issues.” – Chambers and Partners, 2021
Clients describe Nick Davis as “very pragmatic, clear and commercial.” – Chambers and Partners, 2020
Nick Davis is a “big character” and “good operator”, who “comes up with sensible, practical commercial solutions.” – Chambers and Partners, 2019