"I think they're very good - they're very reasonable and the advice is very practical"Chambers UK - 2016
Digital Media: Content at the speed of thought.
In the last 20 years, digital media has become the most dominant form of expression in the world – an evolving and challenging landscape with emerging technologies shooting through the canopy of established technologies. But it is also a scene inflamed with encounters between content creators, content exploiters and those seeking to capitalise on the fruits of others’ labour.
We are experienced in working in this market. And we are agile and prepared to constantly adapt and develop to ensure we are delivering the best advice.
Our experience covers content licensing and exploitation, SME and enterprise web and e-commerce development, and digital advertising and social media optimisation. We also fight your corner in enforcing and protecting your intellectual property and commercial rights.
Some recent examples of our work includes:
- Programmatic advertising
- Advertising contracts for major car company
- Digital billboard licensing by major UK sites owner
- Licensing of film footage for major archive owner
- Advising on the development of app technology for an international online market business
- Domain name disputes – and recovery of infringing domain names under the WIPO and Nominet dispute resolution rules as well as more exotic assets such as Twitter and Instagram handles
- International viral advertising campaigns, digital defamation and reputation management.
- Advising Seven Publishing on their digital asset management system – more specifically on the process that employees should follow when checking the intellectual property rights allocated to each asset (photos and videos) stored on the system as well as drafting the terms and conditions for the use and access of the system. Our team have also advised Seven on various commercial transactions and intellectual property matters, nationally and internationally.
- Advising a London-based full service creative communications agency in dealing with ad clearances for a number of household brands.
- Advising Bigballs Media on a number of commercial contract and intellectual property work in their core business. In particular, we have negotiated key commercial contracts with YouTube and other digital media platforms, for example for our client’s Copa90 and other digital media channels.
- Advising Guardian Media Group in respect of a range of IP matters and transactions with third parties, including digital media applications, licensing of rights and cross-platform services (internet, smartphone and tablet apps).
- Advising education information provider Electric Word on its agency arrangements both in the UK and internationally, as well as advising on a distribution arrangement dispute in Australia.