"We are extremely happy with the firm with respect to their expertise, speed and support."Chambers and Partners, 2020
Fintech: The future is now in Financial Services
The financial services industry is witnessing some of the most disruptive technologies and transformative business models of any sector. As technologies such as blockchain evolve, so do the legal ramifications. We’re here to advise on and implement your businesses and transactions in fintech.
Financial transactions have long been electronic as well as physical, but crypto currencies and new payment and lending platforms are transforming the landscape.
Using these technologies to transfer money, build systems and manage and protect assets requires properly structured and creative commercial advice, often involving detailed consideration of intellectual property and data, as well as other areas. We’ll work with you every step of the way in this fascinating area of business.
- Advising Lombard Risk Management in relation to commercial IT outsourcing arrangements. Our team have also advised Lombard on its recent sale to VERMEG and previously, on a number of company acquisitions and disposals (including from/to the US) and AIM fundraisings.
- Advising foreign exchange and international payments company Caxton FX on their mini-bond programme.
- Advising a fintech joint venture in respect of commercial contracts, including software and data licensing.
- Advising Wellesley Group in respect of an enterprise software platform.
- Advising Maestrano, a fintech platform for major banks, on its admission to AIM.
- Advising a P2P currency exchange platform on corporate and commercial matters.