"Carl Rohsler has a charismatic personality with an encyclopaedic knowledge of gambling law and regulations."Legal 500, 2020
Contact Carl Rohsler
Carl Rohsler is an experienced lawyer specialising in intellectual property (IP) work and known for his expertise in the field of gambling law.
Carl’s practice covers the full range of IP work, including patents, trademarks and designs, copyright and confidential information. Although working on both contentious and non-contentious matters, he is best known for his work as a litigator, having been involved in a number of leading IP cases since 1995.
Carl is also known as one of the UK’s leading experts on gambling law, acting for a number of the leading gambling operations in the UK and across the world. He has advised leading names such as 888.com, Pokerstars, Caesars Interactive, Gala and Cantor Gaming in his career.
Further, Carl also has considerable experience in advertising and marketing regulation, data protection, e-commerce and labelling and packaging law. He is also a visiting lecturer at the University of Montpellier, France.
Carl has been:
- Recommended in Chambers UK 2018 for Licensing: Gambling, London.
- Listed in Chambers Global 2017 as a ‘Leading Individual’ for Gaming & Gambling.
- Listed in Chambers UK as a ‘Leading Individual’ from 2009-2017.
- Recommended in The Legal 500 UK 2017 as a ‘Leading Individual’ for Gaming & Betting.
- Recommended in The Legal 500 UK 2017 for Intellectual Property.
- Advising on copyright and confidential information in relation to Process Components Limited v Kek-Gardner Limited, 2016.
- Advising on trademarks and infringement in relation to Enterprise Holdings, Inc v Europcar Group UK Ltd & Anor, 2015.
- Advising STV Group on regulatory issues related to a lottery scheme as part of a major fundraising event.
- Advising 888.com and PokerStars, the largest online casinos and poker houses in the world, in relation to a wide range of commercial and regulatory matters.
- Advising The Health Lottery Limited, the largest society lottery scheme in the UK.
- Advising Gala Leisure Limited and Gala Coral in relation to the outsourcing of their online operations.
- 2018 – Present: Partner, Head of Commercial, IP and Technology, Memery Crystal
- 2003 – 2018: Squire Patton Boggs
- 1993 – 2003: Norton Rose
- 1991 – 1993: College of Law, Chester
- 1988 – 1991: MA History, University of Oxford
What our clients think about us
“Carl Rohsler has a charismatic personality with an encyclopaedic knowledge of gambling law and regulations.” – Legal 500, 2020