"They are able to process significant volumes for us very efficiently and leverage their knowledge of the sector to flag risks and issues."Chambers UK - 2016
Property Finance: Steering a safe path through property
At a glance
Property remains an attractive asset class to invest in, although the institutional lenders are increasingly favouring borrowers they already have had a successful relationship with. Consequently new lenders have appeared offering alternative finance particularly in the bridging and development markets. Which are the best deals? Is the lender or borrower dependable? Our advisors know the market and can steer you towards the best option for you.
Daniel AbrahamsPartner, Co-Head of Real Estate
Nicola KravitzPartner, Head of Real Estate Private Client
Alastair MossPartner, Co-Head of Real Estate
Eugene O’KeeffeGeneral Counsel
Helen AbelSenior Associate
William HeywoodSenior Associate
Ayesha QayumSenior Associate
Craig JonesSenior Associate
George JacksonTrainee Solicitor
We act for both lenders and borrowers, giving us useful insights into current property market developments and industry standards on both sides of the deal. Our clients include major banks, alternative finance providers, and some of the industry’s highest profile borrowers for real estate investment and development.
We advise on property finance transactions both in the UK and in instances where the borrower, lender or asset is based offshore.
As a lender, you’ll want to make sure you’re secured. As a borrower, you’ll want to be certain you can access the funds you need, when you need them. And as your advisors, we’ll understand your position and help ensure it’s protected.
- Acting for one of the fastest growing private hotel companies Z Hotels Group on debt financing with institutional lenders to assist in their acquisition and development of multiple London-based sites.
- Advising Zorin Finance on all of their development finance in the UK (nearly 100 transactions in the last 30 months exceeding £350m).
- Advised EFG Bank on a number of high-end residential schemes.
- Advised on financing the acquisition of a building in Birmingham City Centre which is to be developed into a hotel.
- Advised on senior development finance for the financing of the Park Place development in Stevenage.
- Advised Primister in its complex £15m construction finance with Barclays.
- Providing security and structuring advice to alternative finance providers lending to companies incorporated in foreign jurisdictions securing UK assets.
- Acted on behalf of institutional lenders and short term finance providers in relation to acquisition and development finance.
- Advised a pub and hospitality company on all aspects of its portfolio including acquisitions, disposals and refinancing.
- Advised an overseas investor on the acquisition of a multi-let freehold office and retail building in the City of London.