"I think they're very good - they're very reasonable and the advice is very practical"Chambers UK - 2016
Uveitis is inflammation of the uvea (the inside of the eye) and afflicts both children and adults. Over 9,000 new cases are diagnosed in the UK each year.
Olivia’s Vision provides invaluable community support to Uveitis sufferers and their families, as well as funding treatment and research. Its objectives are:
- To protect and promote the health of Uveitis sufferers.
- To offer advice and support throughout the UK to people diagnosed with Uveitis, their carers, family and friends.
- To provide information about and raise public understanding of Uveitis.
- To enhance programmes which support early diagnosis and screening.
- To support and fundraise for further research into the nature, causes, diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure of all forms of Uveitis.
- To help attract, train and retain the Ocular Immunology workforce of the future via a Mentoring Scheme.
- To promote, sustain and increase included and collective knowledge and understanding of Uveitis and associated eye diseases by training and research.
- Campaigning to improve the lives of those affected by Uveitis and associated eye diseases.
Memery Crystal staff members have participated in a variety of fundraising efforts in support of Olivia’s Vision, including the Carrots NightWalk in London.