"Carl Rohsler has a charismatic personality with an encyclopaedic knowledge of gambling law and regulations."Legal 500, 2020
Commercial, IP & Technology: Always up to date, always effective
At a glance
The IP and technology sector evolves constantly and rapidly. It’s rich with opportunities for far-sighted companies with inspired, often disruptive ideas. Memery Crystal works with these ambitious businesses, from fast-growing start-ups to innovative, influential multi-nationals on a wide range of commercial, IP & technology matters.
Our CIPT team handles the full range of commercial and IP work, including:
- Commercial contracts
- IP enforcement and counselling
- Technology contracts (including outsourcing)
- Market channel arrangements (sales, distribution, franchising)
- Advertising and marketing
- Data protection, consumer protection and labelling
- Packaging law and advertising codes.
We recognise that IP constitutes a larger and larger proportion of the balance sheets of most companies – and that the protection and exploitation of IP is often the crucial factor in separating a successful business from its competition.
With that in mind, we have invested in a team of senior experts and associated who can assist you with almost every aspect of the protection and commercialisation of your ideas, reputation and creativity, and who have deep experience of industries like fintech, healthtech, media, gambling and gaming, and hi-tech industrial.
- Advising Telegraph Media Group on a number of IP matters including on use of the Telegraph name as part of brand sharing arrangements with Capital One and exclusive partnerships with Coral, live events for the promotion of Fantasy Football and TM partnerships with third party providers of financial services.
- Advising a London-based full service creative communications agency in dealing with ad clearances for a number of household brands.
- Advising long-standing AIM client Gaming Realms, on a 10 year framework services agreement with the Jackpotjoy Group.
- Advising Carabao in relation with advertising claims which mention other energy drinks using bottle shape and colour scheme, as well as nutritional claims and other labelling and packaging matters.
- Advising a global professional membership body with nearly 200,000 members on data protection matters.