"They make you feel important and like you are number one."Chambers UK - 2016
Alternative Finance: Have confidence in the leaders
At a glance
There’s no need for false modesty: Memery Crystal is the leading law firm for alternative finance. We’ve helped some big names become considerably bigger through effective, up-to-the-minute advice on innovative ways to raise or deliver finance. Whether you are looking to finance a new project, expand your business or sustain your exiting business, it simply makes sense to look to the leaders.
For borrowers, traditional borrowing isn’t always the best or most realistic route to finance your business; alternative finance could well provide the answer. With extensive experience and thought leadership in this area, our team can point you in the right direction and provide clear and commercially-minded advice to help you achieve your desired outcome.
For lenders, delivering quick advice on creative security structures, lending terms and suitability of agreements is essential in the alternative finance arena. We have a proven track record of acting for alternative finance providers and helping our clients develop their reputation and portfolio.
We advise UK companies seeking to raise finance through progressive schemes such as corporate mini-bonds, listed bonds and crowdfunding (via debt and equity offerings). We’ve already advised many well-known and ambitious companies, from small private businesses to large fully listed and public companies, and have acted on more corporate mini-bonds than any other UK law firm. So ask us about your project, and see how our open-minded, innovative and knowledgeable approach can work for you.
- Advised Harlequins RFC on the development and issue of the Harlequin FC Bond and the establishment of The Quarters’ Club which offers unique opportunities to applicants for the Harlequin FC Bond (and their nominees) to be involved with Harlequins RFC.
- Advised and developed Wellesley Finance Plc’s mini-bond programme – to date, the second largest ever issue of corporate mini-bonds in the UK.
- Advised on Petra Diamonds’ $300m high yield bond offer.
- Advising Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited on with separate US$275m and US$250m convertible bond issues.
- Advised Hotel Chocolat and Caxton FX on each of their two respective corporate mini-bonds.
- Advised Lancashire County Cricket Club on their Cricket Club Bond and the non-cash element of interest paid in the form of Credit4Cricket Units.
- Advised Surrey County Cricket Club on its corporate mini bond offer.