"The individuals in the team are always available and willing to go the extra mile to close deals."Legal 500, 2020
Contact Matthew Lindsay
Matthew Lindsay has been a partner at Memery Crystal since April 2015.
Matthew’s practice revolves around real estate finance (senior and mezzanine) and international private capital with particular emphasis on creating and preserving wealth for his clients through strategic investment, acquisition and astute asset management.
Matthew is a member of R3 (the association of business recovery professionals) and the Insolvency Lawyers Association and regularly speaks to finance professionals on all elements of real estate finance in Europe and the US.
Matthew’s day job is to ensure that his clients can operate as effectively and swiftly as their desires command whilst ensuring that they are fully protected against the uncertainties and changing nature of the market place. He works on projects for clients including, Allied Commercial Exporters, Z Hotels Group, Beckman Group, Hillview Capital, SIAHAF, Auriens, Westbourne Group and ENRA.
Outside of work Matthew’s interests include historical fiction, speech writing, travel and art.
- Acted on the funded acquisition and onward sale of the landmark Thomas Goode building in Mayfair and on a deal that saw Sir Elton John become the business’s co-owner and investor.
- Acted on the refinancing of the portfolio of Z Hotels Group with Santander Bank.
- Acted on the regeneration, development and sale of a major office building in Shoreditch for a record breaking yield.
- Acted on the funded acquisition of the largest data centre in Cardiff.
- Acted on the potential funded acquisition of a significant mixed use development in East London.
- Matthew read History and Law at Magdalene College, Cambridge University graduating in 1988 and was President of the Cambridge Union, Easter Term, 1987
- Called to the Bar in 1989 (Middle Temple)
- Requalified as a solicitor in 1992 with Allen & Overy
- More recently Matthew has been a partner at Mishcon de Reya and Wedlake Bell