"They are flexible and show commercial acumen."Chambers UK - 2016
Property acquisition, development, management and disposal have become more complicated as values and risks have increased, finance has become more difficult to obtain and new taxes have eroded margins. Properties are often bought and sold within corporate wrappers and innovative tailored joint ventures or other tax efficient structures are needed to accommodate the requirements of clients (both UK and non-UK) investing in and developing UK property.
Daniel AbrahamsPartner, Co-Head of Real Estate
Alex BarnesPartner, Head of Tax
Joanne KellyPartner, Head of Construction
Nicola KravitzPartner, Head of Real Estate Private Client
Matthew LindsayPartner, Head of Banking & Finance
Alastair MossPartner, Co-Head of Real Estate
Krishen PatelSenior Associate
Sophie MoonshineTrainee Solicitor
Our corporate real estate team, which includes members of the firm’s corporate, real estate, finance, construction and tax practices, advise our institutional and entrepreneurial clients on a wide range of corporate real estate transactions and related structures. Working closely with clients to understand their needs we can guide you through your transaction and provide a service which is tailored to your requirements. Our team has specific expertise in the hotels, leisure, retail, and education sectors.
Our impressive client roster includes institutional developers, investment advisors, family offices, high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs from both the UK and overseas.
Our expertise includes-
- Sales and purchases of UK and offshore corporates (including companies and partnerships) owning commercial and high value residential property;
- Corporate and contractual joint ventures;
- Opco-Propco structures;
- Cross border investment and structuring;
- Tax planning;
- Planning and construction;
- Debt financing;
- IPOs and fundraisings for construction and property companies;
- Property management agreements.
- Advising a high-end boutique gym in Marylebone on the acquisition and fit-out of its premises and key commercial agreements.
- Acting on the acquisition of two properties near Heathrow into two UK SPVs and the subsequent sale of the SPVs one for £7.5m the other £3.5m.
- Advising the buyer on a £15m BVI corporate real estate acquisition and a related £11m senior / mezzanine loan facility.
- Advising a family on a Section 110 demerger of a major property portfolio with net asset value of c. £40m.
- Providing property, corporate, banking and construction advice to a US client on the acquisitions of 2 properties in London and the subsequent development into a high end hotel to be operated as a joint venture with a well-known brand.
- Tax advice and HMRC clearances on incorporation of a substantial property business previously carried on in partnership.
- Advice and risk protection on various tax matters on sales and purchases of companies owning real estate including corporate residence, ATED, SDLT and VAT.
- Tax advice on de-enveloping property held in a corporate structure.