"Splendid attention to detail."Legal 500, 2020
Contact Liam Bell
Liam Bell is a Director in Memery Crystal’s Real Estate Litigation team and acts for landlords, tenants and freehold owners on all aspects of:
- rent and service charge disputes
- lease forfeiture
- claims for breach of covenant
- boundary disputes
- enforcing terms in property contracts
He advises frequently on statutory lease renewals and terminations, providing strategic advice for managing tenant exits and for protecting clients’ interests generally. Liam also acts extensively on insolvency matters, dealing with both individual bankruptcy and company insolvency as an extension to his core expertise in property litigation.
Liam is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the Leisure Property Forum.
Away from work, Liam is a keen amateur photographer and a lifelong Chelsea fan.
- Acting for a national shopping centre operator in recovering rent and service charge arrears from tenants, including commencing and progressing insolvency proceedings where required.
- Advising a well-known furniture and homeware retailer on the statutory renewal and termination of its extensive portfolio of UK leases.
- Acting for the UK’s largest garden centre operator in recovering unpaid rent and service charges from subtenants, licences and other occupiers.
- Advising a national pub and hospitality operator in connection with various claims for breach of contract, professional negligence, and defective fit-out works.
- Successfully representing a London-based residential property developer in a professional negligence claim against its retained architects.
- Successfully acting for the Respondent in an adverse possession claim relating to a valuable piece of farmland in West Sussex
- 2010 – Present: Director (initially joining the firm as a trainee), Memery Crystal