"Daniel Abrahams has excellent all-round real estate knowledge with the ability to overcome issues that arise during transactions that other lawyers seem unable to resolve. "Legal 500, 2020
Pubs, Bars & Restaurants: Enjoy the rewards, avoid the headaches
At a glance
With many years’ experience assisting clients in the hospitality and leisure sectors, we have developed a genuine expertise in dealing with pubs, bars & restaurants. We have the specialist knowledge to advise on your premises acquisition or disposal, the financing of your expansion, and any construction, commercial, intellectual property, litigation, employment and tax issues that you may face in these ever evolving sectors.
Nick AlfilléPartner, Head of Corporate
Alex BarnesPartner, Head of Tax
Joanne KellyPartner, Head of Construction
Matthew LindsayPartner, Head of Banking & Finance
Alastair MossPartner, Co-Head of Real Estate
Liam BellSenior Associate
Ayesha QayumSenior Associate
Aoife MarrettTrainee Solicitor
Whether you want to acquire or dispose of a pub, bar, brewery or restaurant, we can act for you – dealing with freehold and leasehold properties, tied and free of tie premises, acting for established and emerging operators, we ensure your transaction runs smoothly and efficiently.
We’ve advised on sales and purchases of licensed premises, acted for landlords and tenants, advised on Asset of Community Value issues, assisted with launching numerous new ventures and concepts. We are also members of the Leisure Property Forum (LPF).
In a sector that never stands still, we finalise deals and find solutions quickly and efficiently, priding ourselves on our sector knowledge and understanding of your business. From mainstream to niche, multiple sites to boutique premises, your hospitality and leisure venture will thrive with our help.
- Advising restaurateur David Moore and his business partner and publican Tony Bennett on the lease acquisition of The Devereux, the historic former Greene King pub.
- Advising an international hotel, restaurant and bar operator on its leasehold interests and further expansion plans in the UK.
- Advising Valentina Fine Foods in the acquisition of several A1/A3 deli and restaurant sites. This includes, its flagship restaurant site in Tower Bridge and the acquisition of substantial premises in Battersea.
- Advising Caffè Fratelli in relation to their portfolio of coffee shops in London including dealing with lease renewals and site acquisitions.
- Advising on the auction sale for £3.5m of the well-known San Domenico Restaurant on the A3 near Cobham.
- Advising a pub and hospitality company on all aspects of its portfolio including acquisitions, disposals and refinancing.
- Advising a national pub and hospitality operator in connection with various claims for breach of contract, professional negligence, and defective fit-out works.