"They are always one step ahead; they are great at anticipating problems and having a solution already in place."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Data Protection, Privacy & Cybersecurity: An issue you can’t afford to ignore.
Data is not just relevant to technology; it’s now an intrinsic part of life and business, and is therefore both valuable and vulnerable. So it’s vital to have a proper understanding of the issues involved, to extract maximum value from data and to ensure it’s collected, stored and used legally and protected securely.
Our team keeps abreast of the dynamic data regimes, laws and regulations, to give you the most relevant, practical advice. This combination of technical and legal knowledge makes us well placed to advise in this sector.
We’ll work closely with you to make sure your contracts, policies and procedures are properly matched to the way you use data, as well as meeting the relevant legal requirements.
Cyber security is a threat to every business, not just those directly concerned with technology. Security breaches and theft or hacking of systems and their data can harm your business continuity, compromise your intellectual property and other assets, as well as leading to substantial fines and damaging your reputation. We can help you examine your current approach to cyber security, work with you to create a robust strategy to protect data and other digital assets, comply with law and regulations, establish good practice and have effective contingency plans ready to implement.
- Advising multinational software and IT business Micro Focus on its data protection policies in general as well as on the group’s telemarketing policies for compliance with both data protection and telemarketing legislation.
- Advising on the GDPR compliance project for UK national charity with oversight of assets with value of over £6bn.
- Advising on the UK and US data privacy policies following the merger of two listed companies to create a new group with combined revenues of $1.4bn.
- Advising LG & DE, a world-leading provider of self-study and classroom-based language courses, in relation to a licence to use trademark goods in connection with digital learning tools and other published products and specifically on enforcement of the licence terms.
- Advising Seven Publishing Group in relation to their digital asset management system. Our team specifically advised on the process that employees should follow when checking the intellectual property rights allocated to each asset (photos and videos) stored on the system as well as drafting the terms and conditions for the use and access of the system.