"My interests were very well represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was always clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Contact Victoria Charalambous
Victoria joined Memery Crystal in September 2017 as a trainee solicitor and is currently undertaking her second seat in Real Estate Private Client, having completed her first seat with our Real Estate Litigation team.
Outside of work, Victoria enjoys pilates, cinema and spending time with her family.
- Assisted with trial preparation (liaising with Court, diarising directions, preparing bundles, collating exhibits to pleadings and witness statements etc.) for several complex landlord and tenant disputes (commercial and residential).
- Drafted and reviewed notices for renewal/termination of business tenancies protected under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Effected service of schedules of dilapidations.
- Drafted and effected service of statutory demands for rent arrears.
- Drafted claim form and particulars of claim for various claims e.g. rent arrears, new business tenancies protected under 1954 Act etc.
- Attended a settlement negotiation of a complex landlord and tenant dispute concerning trespass, harassment, service charges and breach of covenants which resulted in a positive outcome for our client.
- Conducted various legal research tasks (e.g. civil procedure rules, insolvency rules, how to serve notices on a overseas landlord, reasonableness of costs to consider consent to assign a lease etc.).
- 10+ years’ experience in property portfolio management before deciding on a career in law.
- Worked 5 years in house of a leading global tobacco company, supporting the Middle East, Near East, Africa and Turkey.