"Strengths include extent of knowledge and most notably the passion of individuals to get the deal done."Chambers UK, 2018
Contact Tom Driscoll
Tom joined the firm’s Banking and Finance team in July 2018. After qualifying in March 2016, Tom has gained experience of advising on a range of finance transactions, including real estate finance, corporate finance and acquisition finance transactions in a number of sectors.
Tom has experience in advising a broad range of both borrowers and lenders, including investment banks, alternative finance providers, investment funds and SMEs
Outside of work, Tom enjoys sport (particularly cricket, football and American Football), travel and cooking.
- Acted for a joint venture in relation to £32m of debt finance arrangements for the purposes of acquiring two new subsidiary companies and the subsequent implementation of a group reorganization.
- Advised on the banking and finance aspects of the sale of the Express Newspapers group by Northern & Shell to Trinity Mirror plc.
- Advised on the banking and finance aspects of the £100m merger of Emoov Limited and Tepilo Limited, the online estate agents.
- Acting for Ibstock Plc in respect of the £250m refinancing of its existing banking facilities by a large syndicate of banks.
- Advised a large multi-national bank on a combined £21m real estate finance transaction for the acquisition by a borrower of a large portfolio of properties in a development in north-east London.
- Acted lender side on the provision of £11.9m of senior debt finance to assist with the acquisition of a large retail park in Greater London.
- Advised Z Hotels on the £33.9m refinancing of one of its central London hotels with OakNorth Bank plc.
- Advised a real estate investment boutique on a £30m issue of loan notes on the International Stock Exchange.
- Advised OakNorth Bank on its provision of £26m of debt finance to the provider of university halls of residence.
- Memery Crystal (July 2018 – present), Associate
- Rosenblatt (March 2014 – July 2018), Trainee Solicitor then Solicitor