"The team's key capabilities are closely aligned with the equity capital markets, so they are able to advise us to the best possible outcome."Legal 500, 2020
Contact Thomas Grace
Thomas Grace is a solicitor within Memery Crystal’s Corporate team. He has a broad corporate practice including cross-border public and private mergers and acquisitions, flotations and primary and secondary raises across the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and AIM, and general corporate strategic advisory matters.
Beyond work, Thomas enjoys writing, cooking, literature and football.
Equity Capital Markets:
- Acted for VAALCO Energy, Inc., a NYSE-listed E&P, on its dual-listing to the standard segment of the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, with a market cap of U$120 million on admission.
- Acted for Pure Gold Mining, Inc. on a bought deal private placement and non-brokered private placement raising gross proceeds of C$47.5 million.
- Acted for 88 Energy Limited, an AIM and ASX-listed E&P, on an accelerated bookbuild, raising gross proceeds of A$6.75 million.
- Acted for Pure Gold Mining, Inc., a TSX-V-listed gold producer, on its dual-listing to the standard segment of the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, with a market cap of £100 million on admission.
- Acted for Kropz plc, an African-focused phosphate developer, on its simultaneous: (1) share for share acquisition of Cominco Resources Ltd, valuing the enterprise at US$40 million; (2) admission to trading on AIM; and (3) placing and subscription for £27.3 million, with a market cap of £96 million on admission.
- Acted for MOD Resources Limited, an ASX-listed copper exploration firm, on its standard direct dual-listing to the Main Market, with a market cap of A$90 million on admission.
- Acted for technology-enabled lifestyle company, Ten Lifestyle Group plc, on its simultaneous admission to trading on AIM and placing, raising gross proceeds of £32 million, which valued the company at £105 million on admission.
- Acted for Numis Securities Limited, as bookrunner, on an accelerated bookbuild for Horizonte Minerals plc, raising gross proceeds of £8.5 million.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Acted for Lombard Risk Management plc, a regulatory compliance software supplier to the financial services sector, in the recommended £52 million cash acquisition of the company by Vermeg Group, N.V., effected by a scheme of arrangement.
- Acted for 88 Energy Limited on the partial farmout of its interests in Project Icewine, a conventional oil prospect in the Alaska North Slope basin, to Premier Oil plc, with Premier undertaking the full costs of an appraisal well to test reservoir deliverability, up to US$23 million.
- Acted for Brain Bioceutical Corp. on its US$14 million cash acquisition of BSPG Laboratories Limited from Isodiol International, Inc.
- Acted for Tobii AB (publ), an STO-listed technology company, on the vertical acquisition of one of its largest UK distributors and associated neuroscience-based research and consultancy firm.
- Acted for Filtered Technologies Limited, an educational technology firm, on its £2.5 million series B investment from funds managed by Maven Capital Partners.
- Acted for Odey Asset Management LLP on exercising its member rights and effecting changes to the board in an AIM-listed e-invoicing firm.
- Solicitor, Memery Crystal LLP (2018 – present).
- Trainee Solicitor, Memery Crystal LLP (2016 – 2018).
- Legal Practical Course LLM, University of Law, Moorgate (2015 – 2016).
- Law LLB, Queen Mary, University of London (2011 – 2014).
Awards and Recognition
- Finalist, the City of London Solicitors’ Company Prize 2018.