"The firm provides the very best advice."Legal 500, 2020
Sylvia is currently in her fourth seat in our Commercial, IP and Technology (CIPT) team. She started as a trainee at Memery Crystal in September 2019 and completed her first seat in the Employment department, her second seat in the Dispute Resolution department, with her third seat split between the Corporate and Banking and Finance departments.
Outside of work, Sylvia is a member of the global business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi, and enjoys cross-country horse riding, tennis, and travel.
- Assisted in reaching a settlement with a senior executive from a global supply chain company.
- Assisted in an off-payroll working rules (IR35) implementation project for a global oil company.
- Assisted in defending against interim relief proceedings against a senior executive in the reinsurance industry, and in reaching a successful settlement.
- Assisted in a redundancy process for a travel technology company.
- Assisted in a Employee Handbook review for an international technology company.
- Assisted on a Court of Appeal case relating to HMRC’s investigatory powers.
- Assisted on the $470 million AIM IPO and associated $213 million placing of a US-based video games publisher.
- 2019 – Present: Trainee Solicitor, Memery Crystal
- Graduated from BPP Law School with a GDL and LPC
- Graduated from University of British Columbia with a Bachelor of Commerce