"Splendid attention to detail."Legal 500, 2020
Contact Sukina Dhillon
Sukina is an experienced lawyer specialising in all aspects of commercial property work including development and investment work acting for a broad range of clients from national house builders to high-net worth families. Sukina is also experienced in dealing with the property aspects of funding transactions and corporate sales and purchases.
Sukina’s broad experience also includes advising on landlord and tenant related matters, acting for landlord property companies, blue-chip companies, off-shore trusts, high net-worth clients and smaller niche tenant clients.
- Acted for housebuilder on a mixed-use development of 1197 residential units and commercial space in East London; dealing with funding, variations to the project agreement, planning documentation, pre-lets of the commercial space and setting up the documentation for the sale of the residential units.
- Acted for the seller in the £14M+ sale of a hotel in Surrey to a developer for residential development, initially completing two unilateral undertakings with the local authority to procure two separate planning permissions for redevelopment.
- Acted for the seller in a multi-million pound corporate sale of a company, carrying out the property support work having taken out the capital value of the properties prior to the sale of the company by way of freehold sales to the shareholders and leasebacks to the companies of the properties.
- Carrying out the landlord and tenant management work for the freehold owner of Spitalfields market.
- Acted for a major health club operator in its purchase of new sites for its clubs, negotiating s.106 Agreements to secure planning permission and subsequently granting leases of the units within the club.
- 1999 – 2006 – Russell-Cooke. Trainee and then Assistant Solicitor
- 2006 – 2008 – Howard-Kennedy. Assistant Solicitor
- 2015 – 2016 – Devonshires. Senior Associate
- 2016 – 2019 – Collyer Bristow LLP. Senior Associate
- 2019 – Current – Memery Crystal LLP. Senior Associate
Awards and Recognition
- Recommended in the 2017 and 2018 Chambers Guide to the legal professional as a ‘next generation lawyer.’
- Wrote a section of the Landlord and Tenant Handbook for three years.