"Stephen Ravenscroft is the main partner that we work with in the team. He provides excellent commercial legal advice in often very sensitive situations, and has a wealth of relevant knowledge and experience in the area."Legal 500, 2021
A highly experienced employment lawyer, Stephen Ravenscroft joined Memery Crystal in 2018 to further develop the Employment practice.
Stephen provides bespoke commercial advice to clients on their most sensitive and complex HR issues, including those arising during recruitment, departure, restructuring, investigations, and disputes. He also has extensive experience working on cross-border transactions and outsourcing projects.
He works with international and domestic companies, and senior executives, across a range of industries including banking and finance, natural resources, real estate, media and technology.
Stephen also has a particular interest in sports law, being a former international rugby player.
- Advising a major international bank on the employment aspects of a multi-billion dollar money laundering investigation.
- Advising a global real estate investment business on the employment aspects of the acquisition of data centres in the UK, the Netherlands and Germany with a deal value of over $874m, and on the post-completion HR harmonisation.
- Advising a major international investment manager on the replacement of senior board members of an Irish telecommunications portfolio company, with complex equity-based incentive arrangements.
- Advising the London branch of an Islamic bank on various HR and regulatory matters.
- Advising a senior executive on the terms of departure as an LLP member and significant shareholder from a London-based insurance and reinsurance investment manager.
- 2018 – Present: Head of Employment, Memery Crystal
- 2008 – 2018: Partner, White & Case LLP
- 2000 – 2008: Ashurst
- 1995 – 1999: Hogan Lovells
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Sports Law, King’s College, London
- LPC, College of Law, London
- LLB, King’s College, London
What our clients think about us
“Stephen Ravenscroft is an excellent tactician and master of his craft.” – Legal 500, 2021
“Stephen Ravenscroft is the main partner that we work with in the team. He provides excellent commercial legal advice in often very sensitive situations, and has a wealth of relevant knowledge and experience in the area.” – Legal 500, 2021
“He has in-depth knowledge of employment issues and gives excellent practical advice.” – Chambers and Partners, 2021
“He is great; he’s very responsive and provides helpful advice.” – Chambers and Partners, 2021