"Strengths include extent of knowledge and most notably the passion of individuals to get the deal done."Chambers UK, 2018
Contact Stephen Ravenscroft
A highly experienced employment lawyer, Stephen Ravenscroft joined Memery Crystal in 2018 to further develop the Employment practice.
Stephen provides bespoke commercial advice to clients on their most sensitive and complex HR issues, including those arising during recruitment, departure, restructuring, investigations, and disputes. He also has extensive experience working on cross-border transactions and outsourcing projects.
He works with international and domestic companies, and senior executives, across a range of industries including banking and finance, natural resources, real estate, media and technology.
Stephen also has a particular interest in sports law, being a former international rugby player.
- Advising a major international bank on the employment aspects of a multi-billion dollar money laundering investigation.
- Advising a global real estate investment business on the employment aspects of the acquisition of data centres in the UK, the Netherlands and Germany with a deal value of over $874m, and on the post-completion HR harmonisation.
- Advising a major international investment manager on the replacement of senior board members of an Irish telecommunications portfolio company, with complex equity-based incentive arrangements.
- Advising the London branch of an Islamic bank on various HR and regulatory matters.
- Advising a senior executive on the terms of departure as an LLP member and significant shareholder from a London-based insurance and reinsurance investment manager.
- Memery Crystal (2018-Present, Head of Employment from May 2019)
- White & Case LLP (2008-2018, Partner from 2010)
- Ashurst (2000-2008)
- Hogan Lovells (1995-1999)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Sports Law, King’s College, London
- LPC, College of Law, London
- LLB, King’s College, London