"My interests were very well represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was always clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Contact Sarah Martin
Sarah Martin has been a solicitor with the Employment team since 2009 and advises on a broad range of employment matters working with a variety of businesses and individuals. Sarah advises clients on matters from day to day employee relations through to Tribunal and High Court employment claims. Sarah also advises on matters arising in connection with corporate transactions.
Working with clients with varying priorities, Sarah understands the importance of a flexible and often creative approach to dealing with employment issues in order to fully support clients.
Sarah is a regular speaker at Memery Crystal seminars and has spoken on a variety of employment topics such as recently post termination restrictions, employment status and managing long term absences.
- Acted for a PLC in defending against both High Court and Tribunal claims brought by a former chief executive against the Group.
- Provided advice to an investment company and a City broking firm on responding to data subject access requests and complaints to the Information Commissioner’s Office by employees.
- Conducted a comprehensive review of contracts, policies and procedures for a digital media business and drafting bespoke templates and policies to suit the highly variable working arrangements.
- Advised a charity on staff contracts and employment status of staff following an investigation by HMRC.
- Advised an events agency on restrictive covenant issues concerning a number of new hires and potential hires.
- BA (Hons) French and Spanish, Birmingham University
- Legal Professional Course, Nottingham Law School
- Trainee solicitor at Memery Crystal LLP
- Senior Associate, Memery Crystal LLP