"They are strong on AIM work."Chambers UK - 2016
Contact Robert Black
Robert Black is an associate in the Corporate team at Memery Crystal which he joined in May 2017. Having qualified in September 2014, Robert has experience of acting on a variety of corporate transactions, from private company sales, acquisitions and reorganisations to public company flotations and placings.
Outside of work, Robert plays the piano and enjoys spending time in his hometown of Brighton.
- Acted for the board of AIM company Lombard Risk Management, a financial software company, on the £52.3 million sale of the company by way of scheme of arrangement
- Acted for Cenkos Securities on a £50 million conditional placing for AIM company Restore plc, a UK office services provider
- Acted for AIM company Chariot Oil & Gas on a US $17.5 million placing and open offer
- Acted for the board of Electric Word, an AIM company focussed on the provision of market intelligence, on the £16.58 million sale of the company by way of a scheme of arrangement
- Acted for AIM company MedaPhor Group plc, a global provider of advanced ultrasound skills training simulators for medical professionals, on a £5.5 million placing and on the purchase of the entire issued share capital of Intelligent Ultrasound Limited
- Acted for the sellers on the £5 million sale of a property company
- Acted for Numis Securities and Cantor Fitzgerald on a US $3.2 million AIM placing for South America-focused gold producer, developer and explorer Orosur Mining Inc.
- Acted for SP Angel and Cantor Fitzgerald on a £2.8 million AIM placing for freight management services provider Xpediator
- 2017 – present – Corporate Associate, Memery Crystal LLP
- 2014 – 2017 – Corporate Assistant, Rosenblatt
- 2012 – 2014 – Trainee Solicitor, Rosenblatt
- 2010 – 2012 – Studied the CPE and LPC at Sussex University and College of Law, Bloomsbury
- 2008 – 2009 – Worked as a researcher for independent TV production companies
- 2005 – 2008 – Studied English Literature at Oxford University