"Memery Crystal is exceptionally competent and hard working, with nothing ever being 'too much'. What really makes this team stand out is its strategic commercial approach to many legal situations and the open, friendly, family manner in which it interacts with clients."Legal 500, 2020
Robert Black is a senior associate in the Corporate team at Memery Crystal. He specialises in capital markets transactions, acting for both UK and international companies, with a focus on the health technology and natural resources sectors. Robert has experience of acting on a wide variety of corporate transactions, from public company flotations, takeovers and fundraises to private company sales, acquisitions and reorganisations.
Outside of work, Robert plays the piano and enjoys spending time in his hometown of Brighton.
- Acting for UK AIM-listed Intelligent Ultrasound Group, a provider of simulation and AI software for medical practitioners, on fundraises raising over £20 million
- Acting for broker Turner Pope on a number of fundraises, including for AIM-listed company Midatech Pharma, an R&D company delivering oncology and rare disease products to patients
- Acting for Yamana Gold, a Canadian company with a $6 billion market cap, on its proposed listing on London’s Main Market
- Acting for US company VAALCO, Australian companies Danakali and MOD Resources and Canadian company Pure Gold on their listings on London’s Main Market
- Acting for AFC Energy, a provider of fuel cell systems for the generation of clean energy, on a £32 million fundraise
- Acting for GAN, Tethyan Resources, Lombard Risk and Electric Word on their takeover schemes of arrangement
- 2019 – Present: Senior Corporate Associate, Memery Crystal
- 2017 – 2019: Corporate Associate, Memery Crystal
- 2014 – 2017: Corporate Assistant, Rosenblatt
- 2012 – 2014: Trainee Solicitor, Rosenblatt
- 2010 – 2012: Studied the CPE and LPC at Sussex University and College of Law, Bloomsbury
- 2008 – 2009: Worked as a researcher for independent TV production companies
- 2005 – 2008: Studied English Literature at Oxford University