"They are flexible and show commercial acumen."Chambers UK - 2016
Contact Negin Kalkan
Negin Kalkan is an associate in the Corporate team, with particular expertise in private company matters. She believes that a vital part of delivering the best service as a corporate lawyer is to gain an in-depth understanding of her clients’ businesses and specific needs. This allows her to become an integral part of her client team, which is the aspect of her job she enjoys and values the most.
Negin advises companies and investors on fundraisings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and reorganisations. Negin also has experience in AIM flotations and Main Market listings.
Outside of work Negin enjoys baking and exercising to justify all the sugar she puts in her cakes.
- Acting for the sellers of a Premier League football club in its sale to an overseas buyer.
- Acting for a Maltese leisure and amusement facilities operations company in its €20m fundraise for the South African arm of its business.
- Acting for a leading Russian exhibitions company in relation to a £40m joint venture with an English public company.
- Acting for a German global security solutions provider in its £25m acquisition of a technology company with a UK and US presence.
- Acting for a private investment fund in respect of term loan facilities to Guinea-based and Burundi-based mining companies.
- Acting for an environmental consultancy group of companies in their £20m acquisition of a drilling equipment supplier and services provider.
- Admission of Tharisa Plc to the standard listing segment of the Official List and to trading on the Main Market of the LSE.
- Qualified in August 2012
- Joined Memery Crystal in January 2015
- Associate since September 2015