"They are very good to deal with - very pleasant, pragmatic and co-operative."Chambers UK, 2019
Contact Michaela Berryman
Michaela joined Memery Crystal in August 2017 after qualifying as a solicitor in September 2016 having completed an abbreviated training contract. She specialises in a wide variety of banking and asset finance transactions and aims to find innovative and creative solutions for both borrowers and lenders.
Michaela enjoys singing and reading in her spare time.
Acting for borrowers in relation to:
- an £18.2m facility to enable the purchase twenty one care homes out of administration. Providing further advice in relation to a later mezzanine facility of £400,000 negotiation of security structure with two lenders.
- the refinance of multiple facilities totalling £17m to one lender.
Acting for lenders in relation to:
- the refinance an existing loan portfolio of the borrower valued at £22m secured by charges over multiple high value properties. Establishing a security structure which allowed for equity investment in the borrower’s special purpose vehicle at a later date and adequately secured the high value properties in favour of the lender with a reversion to the borrower upon the occurrence of any litigation.
- the preparation and distribution of bulk consumer loans in compliance with various regulatory regimes to facilitate partnership buy ins.
- the drafting and negotiation of an £8m secured multi draw term loan to enable the development and lease of a site to a national hotel chain.
- the amendment deeds and amendment and restatement agreements for facilities above £5m and advising on the transaction specific amendments required.
- managing a team of paralegals and trainees, supervising sub £5m transactions with a cross section of high street lenders.
- September 2019 – Present: Associate at Memery Crystal
- August 2017 – September 2019: Solicitor at Memery Crystal
- September 2016 – August 2017: Solicitor at Blake Morgan
- March 2015 – September 2016: Trainee Solicitor at Blake Morgan
- April 2013 – March 2015: Paralegal at Blake Morgan