"Michael has a very good name in the market for deals in the mining sector... He has excellent experience, expert knowledge and he gives commercially balanced advice."Chambers and Partners, 2021
Michael Dawes has been a partner since 2005 and served as Head of the Corporate team from 2015-2019 . He is an expert at advising on complex international corporate transactions.
His main focus is on equity capital markets, public M&A and private equity investments, often for clients in the natural resources and technology sectors. Clients like Pala Investments and Numis Securities instruct him for his expertise and pragmatic approach on transactions in challenging jurisdictions.
- £44.3m takeover of IBEX Global Solutions by The Resource Group International.
- £18.0m takeover of Digital Global Services by The Resource Group International.
- $51.0m placing for Pan African Resources led by Numis Securities.
- $20m placing for Sierra Rutile by Numis Securities, Investec and RBC.
- Dual AIM and ASX listings of Tlou Energy.
- $45m placing for RM2 by RBC.
- £29m placing for San Leon Energy by Brandon Hill Capital.
- 2003 – present: Memery Crystal
- 2000 – 2002: Minter Ellison (Sydney)
- 1998 – 2000: Berwin Leighton
- 1996 – 1998: Greenwoods
- 1992 – 1996: Nottingham University and Nottingham Law School
What our clients think about us
“Michael Dawes was a stand-out contributor to the project. Calm under pressure. Realistic on deadlines and went the extra mile when needed. Good knowledge of UK capital markets.” – Legal 500, 2022
“Michael Dawes is our lead UK partner. It is his energy, technical skills and commercial viewpoint that has led to the support that we have received.” – Legal 500, 2022
“Michael has a very good name in the market for deals in the mining sector.” – Chambers and Partners, 2021
“He has excellent experience, expert knowledge and he gives commercially balanced advice.” – Chambers and Partners, 2021
“He’s very pragmatic and has a good knowledge of the mining sector and AIM in particular.” – Chambers and Partners, 2021
“Michael Dawes is excellent at client relationships and provides outstanding advice. He is focused on mining but shows a strong commercial knowledge that translates to strong advice. Amongst the handful of lawyers that can be depended on to provide good advice on both listing rules and AIM matters in the junior sector.” – Legal 500, 2021
Michael Dawes has “a good handle on the commercial aspects” and “gets a good outcome.” – Chambers and Partners, 2019