"They understood our business and advised us in a way that respected what we wanted. They're approachable and absolutely get it commercially."Chambers and Partners, 2020
Contact Michael Dawes
Michael Dawes has been a partner since 2005 and served as Head of the Corporate team from 2015-2019 . He is an expert at advising on complex international corporate transactions.
His main focus is on equity capital markets, public M&A and private equity investments, often for clients in the natural resources and technology sectors. Clients like Pala Investments and Numis Securities instruct him for his expertise and pragmatic approach on transactions in challenging jurisdictions.
- £44.3m takeover of IBEX Global Solutions by The Resource Group International.
- £18.0m takeover of Digital Global Services by The Resource Group International.
- $51.0m placing for Pan African Resources led by Numis Securities.
- $20m placing for Sierra Rutile by Numis Securities, Investec and RBC.
- Dual AIM and ASX listings of Tlou Energy.
- $45m placing for RM2 by RBC.
- £29m placing for San Leon Energy by Brandon Hill Capital.
- 2003 – present: Memery Crystal
- 2000 – 2002: Minter Ellison (Sydney)
- 1998 – 2000: Berwin Leighton
- 1996 – 1998: Greenwoods
- 1992 – 1996: Nottingham University and Nottingham Law School
What our clients think about us
Michael Dawes has “a good handle on the commercial aspects” and “gets a good outcome.” – Chambers and Partners, 2019