"I find the firm very practical in advice and negotiations. They are personable and easy to work with."Chambers UK, 2019
Melanie Talbot (née Jory) has been a Director in the corporate department since May 2017. She specialises in advising public and private companies and their institutional advisers on mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations, IPOs, secondary issues and general corporate advisory work.
Melanie is a member of the firm’s Natural Resources and Technology groups and has a particular interest in corporate governance.
Outside of work, Melanie enjoys the gym, going to the theatre and travelling.
Melanie has been ranked by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Advised SP Angel and Jub Capital in relation to the £1 million placing and IPO of Mkango Resources Ltd (TSX-V listed).
- Advised Shanta Gold Limited in relation to its US$10.5 million placing carried out by Peel Hunt and open offer.
- Advised Caledonia Mining Corporation on its re-domicile from Canada to Jersey and re-admission to AIM.
- Advised Tlou Energy (ASX listed) on its fast track admission to AIM.
- Advised Gaming Realms in relation to its £12.5 million placing carried out in connection with its acquisition of RealNetworks, Inc.
- Advised Panmure Gordon in relation to the £22.4 million placing and IPO of Focusrite plc.
- Advised Green Dragon in relation to its admission to the Official List and the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised SigmaRoc on the acquisition of LafargeHolcim subsidiary, Ronez, which was funded by a placing of new ordinary shares and convertible loan notes raising £50 million.
- 2017 – Present: Director, Memery Crystal
- 2015 – 2017: Senior Associate, Memery Crystal
- 2010 – 2015: Solicitor/Associate, Memery Crystal
- 2007 – 2010: Trainee Solicitor, Memery Crystal
- 2004 – 2006: GDL and LPC at The College of Law, Guildford
- 2001 – 2004: University of Durham BA Hons Theology and Philosophy