"Strengths include extent of knowledge and most notably the passion of individuals to get the deal done."Chambers UK, 2018
Contact Martyna Polak
Martyna is a Solicitor in the Commercial, IP and Technology (CIPT) team, having joined the firm in October 2018. She has experience of working on a variety of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters, particularly in the field of trademarks.
Martyna has also completed a six-month secondment with an in-house legal team at a leading e-commerce company where she was involved in advising the business teams on a broad range of marketing, advertising and regulatory matters.
Outside of work Martyna enjoys travelling, going to live music events and gym classes.
- Martyna has provided assistance on various contentious and commercial contract matters in the area of gaming and gambling.
- During the final seat of her training contract, Martyna was extensively involved in working on two High Court trade mark infringement cases for a well-known consumer brand.
- During her secondment, she provided assistance with reviewing a significant sponsorship agreement, a number of advertising campaigns (TV, radio, online and print) and press releases. She has also drafted Clearcast submission letters, various terms and conditions and responses to regulatory queries.
- Martyna has been involved in a variety of trade mark, passing off and domain name matters which involved drafting cease and desist letters, co-existence and settlement agreements as well as reviewing, preparing and compiling relevant evidence.
- She also provided assistance with media-related matters, such as advising on interpretation of obligations of the parties under various VOD and Electronic Sell-Through agreements and drafting comprehensive media services agreements.
- 2018 – Present: Solicitor, Memery Crystal LLP
- 2016 – 2018: Trainee Solicitor, Taylor Wessing LLP
- 2015 – 2018: MA LPC with Business, BPP