"My interests were very well-represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK, 2018
Contact Krishen Patel
Krishen Patel is a Director in the firm’s Corporate team with particular expertise in private M&A, MBOs, private equity and corporate real estate transactions. In addition, Krishen regularly advises companies and individuals on shareholder agreements, equity / debt fundraisings and joint ventures.
Krishen has a particular interest in working with startups in the technology sector and assisting with seed round and series A/B fundraising.
In his spare time, Krishen enjoys cooking and playing badminton.
Krishen is also a fluent Gujarati speaker.
Krishen was named Junior Lawyer of the Year in 2015 (Kent and East Sussex Junior Lawyer Division).
- Advised on the merger of BDO LLP with Moore Stephens LLP to create the fifth largest accountancy and advisory firm in the UK
- Advising the buyer on a £15m BVI corporate real estate acquisition and a related £11m senior / mezzanine loan facility
- Advising a lender on the debt aspects of various development finance and stretched senior finance loans.
- Advised the sellers on a £15.2m share sale of a clinical randomisation and trial management services business to a US based global biopharmaceutical services organization.
- Advising a UK subsidiary of a listed multinational tea company on its $19.5m share acquisition of a Rwandan tea estate. The deal won Runner-up deal of the year at the Kent Corporate Finance Alliance Awards 2014.
- Acting for and advising Excel with Business Limited, a dynamic technology startup company, on various instructions.
- Advising a leading South East automotive group in connection with its asset acquisition of a competitor motor dealership
- Advised the sellers of a health monitoring technology business on the sale of its intellectual property to a US based global organisation
- Advising a family on a Section 110 demerger of a major property portfolio with net asset value of c. £40m
- February 2017 – present – Corporate Senior Associate, Memery Crystal LLP
- February 2016 to February 2017– Corporate Associate, Memery Crystal LLP
- November 2013 – February 2016 – Corporate Associate, Thomson Snell & Passmore LLP (Kent)
- June 2012 – November 2013 – Corporate Solicitor, Saracens Solicitors (Marble Arch, W1)
- June 2010 – June 2012 – Trainee Solicitor Saracens Solicitors (Marble Arch, W1)