"My interests were very well represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was always clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Contact Kit Smith
Kit Smith is a solicitor in the Dispute Resolution team, having joined the firm in March 2017.
Kit has experience of working on a broad range of commercial and financial disputes. He has acted for clients in the private equity, brokerage and insurance industries. His experience primarily involves High Court proceedings and arbitration and he has worked on matters concerning shareholder disputes, contractual disputes, allegations of professional negligence and insolvency.
Outside of work, Kit enjoys travelling, skiing, running and playing cricket.
- Medsted Associates Ltd v Canaccord Genuity Wealth (International) Ltd  EWHC 1815 (Comm)
- Marex Financial Ltd v Garcia  EWHC 918 (Comm)
- Defending a claim for breach of spot purchase contracts for the sale of nickel made by a European bank against a commodity brokerage.
- Advising various members of a partnership regarding an on-going dispute with a dissenting partner.
- Acted for two companies and a number of directors, defending a multiple derivative claim made by a shareholder.
- 2013 – 2015: Trainee Solicitor, DLA Piper
- 2015 – 2017: Associate, DLA Piper
- 2017 – present: Solicitor, Memery Crystal