"The firm provides the very best advice."Legal 500, 2020
Kasia is a Solicitor in the Commercial, IP and Technology (CIPT) team, having joined the firm in May 2020. Kasia has experience in working on a broad range of commercial matters including general commercial contracts, technology, sport, data protection and intellectual property.
Outside of work, Kasia enjoys taking part in park runs around south London, playing tennis, and reading.
- Provided assistance with drafting and negotiating a group of software licence and maintenance contracts for a client to build a digital platform to facilitate the organisation of sporting events.
- Provided data protection advice to non-EEA clients on transferring personal data outside of the EEA, DPIA’s, DPO’s and Article 27 representatives.
- Provided data protection advice in regard to the relationship between, and responsibilities of, parties as joint controllers under a software licence agreement.
- Drafted sponsorship contracts for sporting events including advising on the ownership of IP rights.
- Advised a client on the exploitation of its media and broadcasting rights, including advising on the termination and creation of licensing contracts.
- Advised on a product safety campaign in the UK including advising on the impact of commercial regulations such as the General Product Safety Regulations 2005, and negotiating with local authorities in regard to actions taken in the product safety campaign.
- Provided assistance with advising on various facilities management software framework contracts.
- Drafted a hire and purchase contract for a new, state of the art device used to monitor certain medical conditions.
- Assisted on the drafting of patent, trade mark and copyright licences and assignments.
- Advised multiple clients on compliance with the Sport England Code for Sports Governance.
- 2020 – Present: Solicitor, Memery Crystal
- 2017 – 2020: Trainee Solicitor and later Solicitor, Hewitsons