"Joel Seager – excellent advice – aggressive at the right points and gave us confidence to take the steps we needed to. Very cost conscious also."Legal 500, 2021
Joel Seager is a skilled disputes lawyer who has acted in a wide range of complex, cross border and high-value cases in both court and arbitration proceedings.
Joel’s litigation practice incorporates a broad range of commercial disputes with a focus on partnership disputes, insolvency and civil fraud. Joel has particular experience of handling cases involving freezing injunctions, Norwich Pharmacal orders and other forms of interim relief. Joel has also managed proceedings in foreign jurisdictions and assisted foreign parties in obtaining evidence from parties in England & Wales pursuant to the Hague Convention.
Joel has advised and represented clients in international arbitration under the LCIA, GAFTA and UNCITRAL arbitration rules, as well as experience advising on ICSID arbitrations.
Joel commonly acts for entrepreneurs, high-net worth individuals, energy companies, and clients in the finance, private equity and property sectors.
- LCIA arbitration 2019 – acting for Respondents in defence of a €60 million claim
- Lady Moon SPV SRL v Petricca & Co Capital Limited  EWHC 439 (Ch)
- Avonwick Holdings Limited & Ors v Mikhail Shlosberg  EWCA Civ 1138
- Mikhail Shlosberg v Avonwick Holdings Limited & Ors  EWHC 1001 (Ch)  All ER (D) 76 (May)
- ORB A.R.L & Anor v Fiddler & Anor  EWHC 361 (Comm) (26 February 2016)
- ICON SE LLC v SE Shipping Lines PTE Limited  EWCA Civ 1790
- Bloomsbury International Limited (in administration) & Ors v Mark Holyoake & Ors  EWCH 1150 (Ch)
- Marlwood Commercial Inc. v Viktor Kozeny  EWHC 1538 (Comm)
- 2018 – Present: Partner, Memery Crystal
- 2014 – 2018: Senior Associate and Of Counsel, Enyo Law
- 2004 – 2014: Solicitor SJ Berwin/King & Wood Mallesons
- including a 6-month secondment at Hilton Worldwide Limited in 2011
- Joel is the founder of the Litigation Networking Group, LITINET
- Joel is also a member of the Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association and the London Solicitors Litigation Association
What our clients think about us
“Joel Seager – excellent advice – aggressive at the right points and gave us confidence to take the steps we needed to. Very cost conscious also.” – Legal 500, 2021
“Joel Seager (partner) and Nick Mitchell (associate) make a good team and provide a blend of experience and quick comprehension of complex commercial issues.” – Legal 500, 2021