"I find the firm very practical in advice and negotiations. They are personable and easy to work with."Chambers UK, 2019
Contact Joel Seager
Joel Seager is a skilled litigator who has acted in a wide range of complex, high-value international and domestic disputes in both court and arbitration proceedings.
Joel’s practice incorporates a broad range of commercial disputes with a focus on civil fraud, insolvency, partnership disputes and professional negligence. Joel has particular experience of handling cases involving freezing injunctions, Norwich Pharmacal orders and other forms of interim relief. He has managed large investigations including those pursuant to s166 FSMA 2000.
Joel has also managed proceedings in foreign jurisdictions and assisted foreign parties in obtaining evidence from parties in England & Wales pursuant to the Hague Convention.
Joel commonly acts for entrepreneurs, high-net worth individuals, energy companies, and clients in the finance, private equity and hotel sectors.
- LCIA arbitration 2019 – acting for Respondents in defence of a €60 million claim
- Lady Moon SPV SRL v Petricca & Co Capital Limited  EWHC 439 (Ch)
- Avonwick Holdings Limited & Ors v Mikhail Shlosberg  EWCA Civ 1138
- Mikhail Shlosberg v Avonwick Holdings Limited & Ors  EWHC 1001 (Ch)  All ER (D) 76 (May)
- ORB A.R.L & Anor v Fiddler & Anor  EWHC 361 (Comm) (26 February 2016)
- ICON SE LLC v SE Shipping Lines PTE Limited  EWCA Civ 1790
- Bloomsbury International Limited (in administration) & Ors v Mark Holyoake & Ors  EWCH 1150 (Ch)
- Marlwood Commercial Inc. v Viktor Kozeny  EWHC 1538 (Comm)
- 2018 – Present: Partner at Memery Crystal
- 2014 – 2018: Senior Associate and Of Counsel at Enyo Law
- 2004 – 2014: Solicitor SJ Berwin/King & Wood Mallesons
- including a 6-month secondment at Hilton Worldwide Limited in 2011
- Joel is the founder of the Litigation Networking Group, LITINET
- Joel is also a member of the Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association and the London Solicitors Litigation Association