"Strengths include extent of knowledge and most notably the passion of individuals to get the deal done."Chambers UK - 2016
Contact Joanne Kelly
Joanne Kelly joined Memery Crystal in 2016 as the Head of our Construction and Engineering team. Joanne has a wealth of experience having acted for developers, development managers, funders, contractors and sub-contractors.
Joanne’s main practice is advising clients on procurement routes in order to maximise value and ensure the construction documents are investment standard for onward sales and funding. She has experience of JCT, NEC3, FIDIC, IChemE. She also advises on consultants’ appointments and third party rights/collateral warranties.
In addition to real estate development, Joanne also advises on energy projects mainly in the renewable energy sector.
Joanne also advises on dispute avoidance and adjudications and court. The disputes experience is invaluable when drafting the construction contracts and appointments as she understands where the disputes are likely to arise.
- Advising Telford Homes on the pre-development agreement and the building contract for a 1000 unit PRS scheme at Battersea with Greystar.
- Advising on the successful redevelopment of the iconic Sea Containers House on the South Bank.
- Advising a London-based developer on a final account adjudication of a permitted development and redevelopment from office to residential – it also involved contract errors on liquidated damages processes.
- Advising a boutique hotels developer on the roll out of six London hotels.
- Advising a residential developer on projects in Mayfair and Kensington.
- Advising Big Yellow Construction on newly acquired sites which they refurbished and converted into a self-storage centre.
- 2016 – Present: Partner at Memery Crystal
- 2011 – 2016: Partner at Taylor Wessing LLP
- 2001 – 2011: Partner at Manches LLP
- 1999 – 2001: Associate at DLA Piper