"James Ashwin is a rising star and punches above his weight for his experience."Legal 500, 2020
Contact James Ashwin
James hails from New Zealand and made the move over to the UK three years ago after practicing at one of New Zealand’s premier law firms.
James joined Memery Crystal in 2019 as an Associate in the Construction and Engineering team and brings experience in JCT, NEC3, FIDIC and IChemE forms of contracts along with professional appointments and third party rights/collateral warranties.
James’ day to day role focuses on the negotiation and preparation of both bespoke and standard form construction contracts, development agreements, professional appointments and warranties.
James is a graduate of Otago University (New Zealand) where he obtained a law degree along with a commerce degree (majoring in economics and marketing).
Outside of work, James spends most his time exploring Europe or attending music festivals.
- Acting for leading market lenders on multi-million dollar development loans.
- Assisting with the acquisition of a multi-million dollar acquisition of a key site in Leeds.
- Acting for a number of developers in relation to the acquisition and development of key London city sites.
- Associate, Memery Crystal (January 2019 – Present)
- Solicitor, Howard Kennedy (December 2016 –January 2019)
- Support Lawyer, Linklaters (September 2016 – December 2016)
- Solicitor, Russell McVeagh – New Zealand (February 2013- February 2016)
What our clients think about us
“James Ashwin is a rising star and punches above his weight for his experience.” – Legal 500, 2020