"They are strong on AIM work."Chambers UK - 2016
Contact Hed Amitai
Hed Amitai is a partner in the wealth structuring team, having joined Memery Crystal in 2018. Hed specialises in asset structuring for capital tax planning and wealth preservation. He has considerable experience in tax and legal issues which international wealthy entrepreneurs and their families face in managing their wealth and their businesses and in transitioning wealth between generations.
Hed’s breadth of experience includes advising on capital and income tax planning through trusts, foundations, finance, business set ups and restructuring; advising on structuring internationally active businesses to reduce overall tax leakages; and advising on issues with current structures in light of legal and compliance changes in the UK, Europe and the U.S.
Hed is recommended in the Legal 500 publication for both Private Client and Corporate M&A.
- Advising on the structure of a new property lending fund to reduce overall tax leakage.
- Advising on the structure of a number of new internet businesses to reduce overall trading tax leakage and maximize owners’ wealth preservation on sale to third parties or listing.
- Advising on tax compliance issues and restructuring of assets in light of legal changes in France, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, and impending U.S. compliance requirements.
- Advising on the restructuring of large UK real estate portfolios to address new property tax laws.
- 2018 – present: Partner at Memery Crystal
- 2013 – 2018: Partner at McGuireWoods
- 2011 – 2013: Partner at Maitland
- 2008 – 2011: Head of Private Wealth Structuring Services at PWC Legal