"My interests were very well-represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK, 2018
Greg Scott has been a partner at Memery Crystal since 1997 and served for many years as Head of the Corporate team. He is currently the Money Laundering Regulatory Officer for the firm.
Greg has a passion for advising individuals with a stake in their business, be they entrepreneurs, family offices or members of a management team and believes that this requires a hands-on, proactive and commercial approach.
Although a generalist at heart, Greg has developed a number of sector specialisms over the years, the most prominent of which are Professional Services Partnerships, Corporate Real Estate (corporate wrappers, corporate joint ventures, listed vehicles), Financial Services (asset management, broking etc.), and Sport (acting for premiership football and rugby clubs).
Greg co-ordinates the firm’s relationship with fellow European members of the International Attorneys Club and regularly assists overseas law firms and their clients on English law matters.
Outside the office, Greg is likely to be found pursuing his unrequited love for Arsenal FC. Greg is also a member of a campaign group to radically overhaul the governance of English football.
- Advised on the merger of BDO LLP with Moore Stephens LLP to create the fifth largest accountancy and advisory firm in the UK
- Acted for the sellers of a Premiership football club to an overseas buyer;
- Acted for the sellers of a London-based asset management company with c. £1 billion under management to a private equity backed purchaser;
- Advised the owners of an Austrian-listed financial services company in connection with re-domiciling to the UK;
- Acted for AIM-listed software company, Lombard Risk Management Plc in a “cash box” placing and open offer to raise c. £8 million.
- Greg was the Head of Corporate for many years at Memery Crystal
- Joined Memery Crystal in 1997
- Acted on one of the first new IPOs on AIM in 1996
- Qualified as a solicitor in 1988