"Memery Crystal LLP’s Corporate group is ‘very strong team’ is ‘responsive and efficient’."Legal 500, 2017
Contact Greg Scott
Greg Scott has been a partner at Memery Crystal since 1997 and served for many years as Head of the Corporate team.
Greg has a passion for advising entrepreneurs and their businesses and believes that this requires a keen pragmatic and commercial approach.
Greg’s focus on owner-managed businesses in the early 1990’s led him into the AIM market where many such businesses turned to raise capital and Greg currently acts for seven AIM listed clients. He also acts for Nominated Advisers and Brokers working in this space.
Although a generalist at heart, Greg has developed a number of sector specialisms over the years, the most prominent of which are Corporate Real Estate (corporate wrappers, corporate joint ventures, listed vehicles), Financial Services (asset management, broking etc.), Sport (acting for premiership football and rugby clubs) and Software.
Greg co-ordinates the firm’s relationship with fellow European members of the International Attorneys Club and also heads the firms Israel desk.
Outside the office, Greg is likely to be found pursuing his unrequited love for Arsenal FC. Greg also sits on the board of a charity providing residential care for the elderly.
- Advised on the merger of BDO LLP with Moore Stephens LLP to create the fifth largest accountancy and advisory firm in the UK
- Acting for the sellers of a Premiership football club to an overseas buyer;
- Acting for the sellers of a London-based asset management company with c. £1 billion under management to a private equity backed purchaser;
- Advising the owners of an Austrian-listed financial services company in connection with re-domiciling to the UK;
- Acting for AIM-listed software company, Lombard Risk Management Plc in a “cash box” placing and open offer to raise c. £8 million;
- Acting for an AIM-listed UK housebuilder on various corporate transactions and fundraisings;
- Acting on various corporate and commercial matters for “hybrid” estate agent, Yopa Property Limited.
- Qualified as a solicitor in 1988
- Acted on one of the first new IPOs on AIM in 1996
- Joined Memery Crystal in 1997
- Greg was the Head of Corporate for many years at Memery Crystal