"The team shows good attention to the details; it is knowledgeable and available, with good structuring experience of complex transactions and commercial understanding of property-related matters."Legal 500, 2020
Contact Eugene O’Keeffe
Eugene O’Keeffe was Head of the Real Estate team at Memery Crystal for 12 years and has now taken on the strategic role of general counsel to the Real Estate team. His long experience particularly in the real estate, retail and education sectors, his many established client connections, and the senior expertise he brings to the work of the firm all equip him to service the needs of our existing clients and to help develop new marketing initiatives across the firm.
Outside of work, Eugene has many activities and interests including his work with various educational charities. He is a keen swimmer and cyclist, and a dedicated theatre goer and opera buff.
Eugene is dual qualified also as a solicitor in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland and Chairman of Governors, Bacon’s College, London SE16.
- Lead adviser to major new UK carpets retailer in its expansion programme.
- Lead adviser to UK market leader in garden centres sector.
- 2016 – Present: General Counsel, Memery Crystal
- 2004 – 2016: Partner and Head of Real Estate, Memery Crystal
- 1991: Appointed Solicitor of the Court of Judicature of Northern Ireland
- 1991: Appointed Solicitor of the High Court of Ireland
- 1977 – 2004: Assistant Solicitor, Partner and Senior Partner, Park Nelson London
- 1973 – 1977: Trained and Qualified at Simmons & Simmons, London