"Clients are 'incredibly impressed' with Memery Crystal LLP's 'personal and responsive service that is highly reassuring'. "Legal 500, 2019
Euan Fergusson has been engaged by Memery Crystal’s Employment team since April 2018 as an independent consultant providing specialist advice in executive and employee compensation and benefits matters.
Throughout his career as a share plans’ lawyer, Euan has been involved in all aspects of the implementation and operation of UK national and international equity-based plans.
He is a specialist in all aspects of executive remuneration and reward and employee benefits including:
- the design, implementation, and operation of compensation plans at executive and all-employee level for national and international clients (predominantly corporates, private equity houses, and family offices);
- the creation of employee trusts to facilitate the operation of compensation plans;
- bespoke planning for tax efficient arrangements and cross-border issues;
- providing advice, in the context of transactions (IPO, M&A etc), on all aspects of stock plan matters; and
- advising private equity organisations or management (as the case may be) on the rights attaching to managers’ shares as a consequence of MBO and other private equity backed transactions.
- Since joining Memery Crystal, Euan has been extensively involved in advising clients on the design and implementation of qualifying Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) options. In a number of cases, this work has extended to including international schedules to plan rules for the benefit of overseas participants.
- Euan trained as a solicitor at Linklaters and also holds “Big Four” accounting experience, having worked with Deloitte as a compensation and benefits adviser for nearly 4 years. Prior to being engaged by Memery Crystal, Euan was employed for eight years by an eminent international law firm.
- Prior to deciding to pursue a career in the law, Euan was a qualified chartered company secretary, and compliance officer, with 10 years’ experience working in the investment banking and Lloyd’s insurance sectors.
- Euan was also an officer in the British Army and spent four years with The Parachute Regiment.