"Strengths include extent of knowledge and most notably the passion of individuals to get the deal done."Chambers UK, 2018
Contact David O’Dwyer
David specialises in commercial real estate transactions acting for a full range of clients including property companies, landlords, tenants, operators, educational establishments, developers and investors.
He has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial real estate including the leisure/hospitality, licensed premises, retail and office sectors and in dealing with development and finance matters. David is experienced in dealing with portfolio work and high value individual transactions.
David is a founding member of BARS (Bar and Restaurant Solicitors Group), a member of the Leisure Property Forum and a member of the British Institute of Innkeeping.
Outside of work David enjoys running ultramarathons, snowboarding, climbing and playing rugby.
- Advising a pub and hospitality company on all aspects of its portfolio including acquisitions, disposals and refinancing.
- Advising a large national retailer on the management of its substantial portfolio of underleases and concessions throughout the UK, as well as on the sale of freehold assets.
- Advising an international hotel, restaurant and bar operator on its leasehold interests and further expansion plans in the UK.
- Acting for a gym/lifestyle brand on a central London acquisition.
- Advising a luxury retailer on the acquisition and disposal of various retail units in London (both freehold and leasehold).
- Advising an international retailer on its initial entrance into the London market with a lease in Covent Garden.
- Acting for a leading design company on taking a lease of a newly refurbished office building in Central London.
- Acting for an international manufacturer on the acquisition of a factory in the UK.
David trained at Memery Crystal having joined the firm in 2005.