"One of the few firms in the City where their output far exceeds their billing."Legal 500, 2020
Contact Daniel Tunkel
Daniel has three decades of experience advising on the entire width of the UK financial regulation sector. Many clients need advice on how to become and remain licensed by the UK Regulators; others are looking for advice on regulatory avoidance. Daniel also helps clients with the structuring and documentation of investment funds and other structures, both in the UK and offshore, and the marketing of these to UK investors.
Outside of work, Daniel is a keen singer, musician and composer, is in the middle of writing a ground-breaking book on biblical commentary, has completed three marathons and plays a decent game of chess.
- UK advice to Hetz Partners, a £20m Israeli high-tech fund
- Lead counsel to Luxgrove Value Add Residential Fund, which will hold a second closing in October 2018
- Advising Reditum Capital on joint venture with a Cayman hedge fund for the purposes of fund-raising for UK leveraged real estate investment
- Authorisation support for P2P lenders Kuflink, Relendex and Loanbook
- Structuring and documenting the Rest Assured Funeral Plan
- Application to the Payment Systems Regulator on behalf of a payments firm challenging its bankers who sought to close its account facilities
- Advice on avoidance of mortgage regulation for a number of UK and overseas lenders
- Advice to Israel crowd funders OurCrowd and ExitValley on establishment of UK operations
- Partner, Head of Financial Regulation, Memery Crystal
- Previously partner with Howard Kennedy LLP for 8 ½ years focusing on funds and regulation;
- Prior to this, partner with SJ Berwin LLP’s Financial Markets team for over 8 years.