"We have worked with Memery Crystal for years – their understanding of our business, strategy and advice have always been superb."Tony Peart, Commercial and Legal Director at Gulf Keystone Petroleum
Contact Anne McMahon
Anne is an experienced Senior Associate in Memery Crystal’s Dispute Resolution Department who work with an array of clients, including those in the natural resources and financial services sectors, on a wide range of high profile and complex commercial disputes.
Anne is highly regarded by Memery Crystal’s clients as a dedicated disputes lawyer who delivers excellent results.
Anne was a key member of the team acting for Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited in its successful defence of a claim for damages of up to US$1.65bn in relation to four Kurdistan oil fields. For its success, the team was awarded “Dispute Resolution Team of the Year” at the 2014 Legal Business Awards and “Litigation Team of the Year” at the 2014 Lawyer Awards.
Outside of work Anne enjoys indulging in her passion for cooking and interior design.
- Anne is the lead associate advising an international technology client on a ‘FinTech’ dispute.
- Anne was the lead associate advising an introducing broker on a claim against a financial institution for non-payment of commission and rebates (Medsted Associates Ltd v Canaccord Genuity Wealth (International) Ltd  EWHC 1815 (Comm)).
- Anne was the lead associate advising GO Markets Pty Ltd (an online FX trading company) on its defence of a claim by Citibank Europe PLC in relation to a negative balance on a trading account.
- Anne was the lead associate advising Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited in its defence of two appeals made by overseas commercial litigation funders against the landmark decision of Lord Justice Christopher Clarke in the Excalibur case in which it was held that the litigation funders were to “follow the fortunes” of the funded party and as such were liable to pay Gulf’s costs of the substantive action assessed on the indemnity basis [Excalibur Ventures LLC v Texas Keystone Inc & Others  EWHC 3436 (Comm)].
- Anne was the lead associate on a Commercial Court fraud case representing a high net worth entrepreneur in defence of alleged breach of an oral agreement and in pursuit of his misappropriated assets. These proceedings had a total value of up to £400 million.
- Anne was the lead associate advising a high net worth entrepreneur accused of computer hacking and associated offences.
- Anne was the lead associate advising a high net worth entrepreneur and his offshore legal team in successfully defending offshore satellite litigation concerning two superyachts.
- Anne began her career as a trainee at Memery Crystal in 2010 and since that time has progressed to the position of Senior Associate at the firm.
- Prior to joining Memery Crystal Anne was based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil working in the charitable sector.