"Strengths include extent of knowledge and most notably the passion of individuals to get the deal done."Chambers UK, 2018
Contact Alexander Coles
Alex qualified as a Solicitor in September 2016 and joined Memery Crystal in February 2018. For a junior solicitor, Alex has an enviable amount of experience in a broad range of real estate litigation matters.
In his career so far, Alex has advised residential and commercial landlords and tenants as well as acted for owners of agricultural land. Alex enjoys problem solving and has combined this with his knowledge and interest in real estate to produce effective and creative solutions to real estate issues.
At Memery Crystal, Alex primarily works with partner Adam Gross as an assistant solicitor whilst also developing and managing his own case load.
Outside of work, Alex enjoys spending time with his partner, cycling, following Formula One, tinkering with his car and skiing (weather permitting!).
- Acted for both an applicant and an objector in relation to two separate applications to discharge restrictive covenants of land in the Upper Tribunal.
- Acted for a land developer in the First-tier Tribunal against a neighbouring land owner who disputed the client’s title to the land.
- Acted for an occupier of land pursuant to an agreement whereby the landowner disputed that the terms of the agreement constituted a licence rather than a business tenancy within the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Acts for a number of residential landlords in relation to landlord and tenant disputes.
- Associate, Memery Crystal (2019 – Present)
- Solicitor, Memery Crystal (2018 – 2019)
- Solicitor, Tees (2016 – 2018)
- Trainee Solicitor, Tees (2014 – 2016)
- Legal Practice Course, University of Law, Moorgate (2013 – 2014)
- LLB, University of the West of England (2010 – 2013)
- Qualified as a specialist paralegal in employment law in 2010.