"Alastair Moss acts on real estate transactions, leasing and development matters for clients concerning high-value commercial and residential property. A source says: "He has a good understanding of what the client needs and a strong knowledge of this area of law."Chambers UK 2019 Review
Contact Alastair Moss
Alastair applies his extensive expertise to the benefit of his clients. He has practiced as a property lawyer for almost 20 years and combines this with a wealth of other experience such as chairing major planning committees and non-executive property roles, with several billion pounds of UK property held in the entities that he helps to oversee.
His reputation has been won on the basis of his commercial and collaborative approach and his ability to steer transactions to a positive outcome. He is surrounded by a close-knit and skilful team who are as approachable as he is.
Alastair is a well-known figure in the London property scene and as such is always in demand for his views and counsel.
Outside of the office, Alastair undertakes a number of public roles, which he finds immensely rewarding.
- Alastair led the team that acquired a large residential development site in West London for Fairview Homes, in joint venture with a major housing provider, London & Quadrant.
- He acted for Metro Bank plc in the roll-out of prime Central London locations for new bank premises.
- Alastair advised a developer on the planning and rights of light aspects to a new residential tower on the South Bank.
- He represented Asda Wal-Mart on the development of several London and South East sites.
- Alastair managed the Memery Crystal team that has established a new Central London residence for an ultra-high net worth family in Knightsbridge.
- He assisted Travis Perkins in the management and strategic issues concerning their sites in London.
- Alastair has acted for a long-standing client in the proposed development of a site in the City fringe for 200 new homes.
- He acted for a major contractor in the building of a new educational facility in Victoria.
- Alastair acted for housebuilder Randall Watts in the construction and sale of 250 new flats in the South East.
2018 – Present: Co-Head of Real Estate at Memery Crystal LLP
2006 – 2018: Partner, Real Estate at Memery Crystal LLP
2000 – 2005: Associate, Real Estate at Bristows LLP
1996 – 2000 – Trained and Qualified as a Solicitor at Hogan Lovells LLP