"My interests were very well-represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK, 2018
Ajay is a commercial real estate solicitor with broad experience of acquisitions and disposals, development, lettings and portfolio management, real estate finance and corporate real estate.
He acts for a range of clients including institutional investors, private equity funds, residential developers, central and local government, retailers, high net worth individuals, traditional and alternative lenders, charities and student accommodation operators.
He has particular expertise in the healthcare sector working with care home operators on the acquisition and development of sites, sale and leasebacks with REIT’s, general portfolio management and refinancing. He has also acted for debt funds on care home and senior living projects.
- Acted on the sale of 5/7 Chancery Lane for £76m to a Singaporean high net worth.
- Acted for US insurer taking a lease of space in 22 Bishopsgate for a rent of circa £2.5m.
- Acted for Wells Fargo Bank on a £400m re-finance of 14 nationwide multi-let retail sites.
- Worked on the corporate acquisition of Hammersmith Shopping Centre for £150m by Schroders.
- Acted for a nationwide care home operator on the £40m development acquisition of 4 purpose built care homes from LNT Care Developments and utilising funding from Cheyne Capital.
- Acted on the sale and leaseback of a nationwide portfolio of care homes for £90m to Octopus Healthcare.
- Acted for Wagamama on a pre-let at Westfield Derby, conditional on planning, works and licensing.
- Acted on both the HS1 and Crossrail projects, dealing with the CPO process and diverting utilities.
- 2020 – Present: Senior Associate, Memery Crystal
- 2016 – 2020: Associate, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP
- 2014 – 2016: Associate, Stephenson Harwood LLP
- 2009 – 2014: Solicitor, Cripps LLP