"My interests were very well represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was always clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Sport: Get the Result You Want
At a glance
Our sport team is multitalented and multi-disciplined. We can help you create and profit from opportunities such as sponsorship and merchandising, negotiate your contracts, structure your tax, advise on planning and construction for your venue, protect your rights, maximise your event income and even sell your club. Think of us as skilful individuals who gel as a team and provide invaluable support.
Success in sport is about seeing and seizing opportunities. Being prepared. Having a thoroughly researched game plan.
We help our clients secure funds for stability and expansion, such as advising The Jockey Club on its corporate mini-bond, which raised several million pounds more than its target. And we’ve worked with similar clients on planning and property, construction, contracts and more.
We regularly act for investors, so we’re able to introduce potential sponsors or owners to clubs, and draw up an agreement that’s a win for both sides.
As well as the specialists in our team, we can draw on the expertise in our other departments, from tax planning to dispute resolution, events management and promotions to digital media. You bring the fans; we’ll bring all the support you need to get the result you want.
- Acting for the sellers of a Premiership football club to an overseas buyer.
- Acting for a gym/lifestyle brand on a central London acquisition.
- Advised Harlequin FC on the development and issue of the Harlequin FC Bond and the establishment of The Quarters’ Club which offers unique opportunities to applicants for the Harlequin FC Bond (and their nominees) to be involved with Harlequin FC.
- Advised The Jockey Club on its £25m Jockey Club Racecourse Bond.
- Advising Bigballs Media on commercial matters, including the Copa90 and KickTV brands.
- Worked with Surrey County Cricket Club on their fully subscribed £5m Surrey County Cricket Club Bond.
- Advised Lancashire County Cricket Club on their Cricket Club Bond and the non-cash element of interest paid in the form of Credit4Cricket Units.
- Advised Surrey County Cricket Club on its corporate mini bond offer.