"Memery Crystal LLP fields six partners who are active in Main Market and AIM-related matters, with particular expertise in sectors such as oil and gas, mining, property and technology. The team has a strong track record acting for UK and international companies; in a recent highlight, Nick Davis led a team advising SigmaRoc on its acquisition of LafargeHolcim, which was financed by a £50m placing of convertible loan notes and ordinary shares. "Legal 500, 2017
Equity Capital Markets: a combination of technical excellence and market knowledge
At a glance
On an ECM transaction you need lawyers who know the markets, inside-out. These are market sensitive deals. You want to raise money at a price, but the market is fluctuating. With our market leading knowledge, we help you to do the right deal at the right time.
Nick DavisChief Executive
Michael DawesPartner, Head of Corporate
Melanie BelfordSenior Associate
Vivian KlafSenior Associate
Karen O’GradySenior Associate
Mark O’DonnellSenior Associate
Melanie Talbot (née Jory)Director
Lauren BelmonteTrainee Solicitor
Thomas GraceTrainee Solicitor
Memery Crystal is an industry-leading advisor on IPOs, on the AIM and Main markets. We work with companies, sponsors, nominated advisers, other ECM transactions, brokers and institutional investors.
We represent domestic and international companies including in Africa, Australia, Canada, China, Europe, India and the USA – who are looking to access the UK capital markets. We’re also comfortable working on dual listings, project-managing lawyers across multiple jurisdictions.
We help you to comply with the increasingly complex legislation of ECM transactions, and our deep knowledge of market practice enables us to close transactions swiftly and efficiently.
- Assisted on the admission of Tharisa Plc to the standard listing segment of the Official List and to trading on the Main Market of the LSE.
- Advised Gaming Realms Plc on its reverse takeover of Pursuit Dynamics Plc and readmission to AIM, together with subsequent fundraising and group acquisitions.
- Advised Caledonia Mining Corporation on its re-domicile from Canada to Jersey and re-admission to AIM.
- Advised on a £23.9m vendor placing for Pan African Resources by Numis Securities and Peel Hunt.
- Advised on a $20m placing for Sierra Rutile by Numis Securities, Investec and RBC.
- Advised on Dual AIM and ASX listings of Tlou Energy.
- Advised on a $45m placing for RM2 by RBC.
- Advised on a £29m placing for San Leon Energy by Brandon Hill Capital.
- Advised Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited on its move from AIM to the standard segment of the Main Market, together with separate US$275 and US$250 million convertible bond issue and listing on the Luxembourg Stock.
- Advised Petra Diamonds on its $300 million secured loan note issue and listing.
- Advised Green Dragon Gas on its move from AIM to the Official List and the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised Cenkos Securities Plc in its role as nomad and broker on a placing for AIM-listed company Science in Sport.
- Advised Cenkos Securities Plc in its role as nomad and broker on a £34m fundraising for AIM-listed Restore Plc, in connection with Restore’s acquisition of the records management business of Wincanton Plc.
- Acted for AIM-listed software company, Lombard Risk Management Plc in a “cash box” placing and open offer to raise c. £8 million.
- Advised SP Angel and Jub Capital in relation to the £1 million placing and IPO of Mkango Resources Ltd (TSX-V listed).
- Advised Shanta Gold Limited in relation to its US$10.5 million placing carried out by Peel Hunt and open offer.
- Advised Gaming Realms in relation to its £12.5 million placing carried out in connection with its acquisition of RealNetworks, Inc.
- Advised Panmure Gordon in relation to the £22.4 million placing and IPO of Focusrite plc.