"My interests were very well represented. The advice on complicated legal and tactical matters was always clear, to the point and easy to understand."Chambers UK & Europe - 2016
Intellectual Property: It’s not all in the mind
Intellectual Property may seem nebulous and intangible, but it’s a very real and valuable asset that needs protecting. IP can generate extra income through licensing and royalty payments. And it can be at the very core of your business, as your trade marks, designs and the unique technology proposition that sets you apart from your rivals.
We’ll protect your Intellectual Property and help you fully exploit it. We’ve gained our IP expertise across all market sectors and have a specialist focus on IP in the technology sector. As fast as technology evolves, so too do the possible threats to your IP. You can trust us to be up to speed.
We’ll license and assign your IP and establish copyright, design rights and database rights. If you’ve already taken these steps, we’ll audit your IP and ensure it’s properly registered and protected, so we can defend you from passing off and counterfeiting. And we’ll help you enhance your IP assets and brands, and make sure you gain the maximum value from them, for example through franchise, merchandise and sponsorship agreements. We’ll also ensure your domain name is properly registered and act for you in there’s a dispute.
- Advised Bigballs Media Limited on all commercial contract and intellectual property work in their core business. In particular, we have negotiated key commercial contracts with YouTube and other digital media platforms, for example for our client’s Copa90 and other digital media channels.
- Advised on intellectual property matters in respect of a promotional campaign involving a major bank’s sponsorship of a national venue.
- Advised a UK company in respect of its big data analytics products, including advising on data protection and intellectual property.
- Advised a wearable technology business in respect of its commercial licensing and product development, including a venture with a major international consumer brand.
- Advised on intellectual property and technology in respect of the listing of several companies (predominantly in the technology sector) on AIM.