"Most helpful in dealing with a range of delicate issues that encompass different cultures and legal systems."Chairman, Vantix Diagnostics
Commercial, Media & Technology: Always up to date, always effective
At a glance
The media and technology sector evolves constantly and rapidly. It’s rich with opportunities for far-sighted companies with inspired, often disruptive ideas. Memery Crystal works with these ambitious businesses, from fast-growing start-ups to innovative, influential multi-nationals.
We offer the crucial advantage of media and technology lawyers who are passionate about the commercial aspects of areas including digital media, cloud computing, big data, cyber security and financial technology (fintech). So, we’re ideally placed to advise you on key issues such as intellectual property, data protection, commercial contracts and drafting and implementing digital strategies.
Merrill AprilPartner, Head of Employment
Tim SewartPartner, Head of Commercial, Media & Technology (CMT)
Vivian KlafSenior Associate
Sophie MoonshineTrainee Solicitor
With the pace of change, diversity of markets and evolving opportunities and risks, technology and media issues are diverse and often groundbreaking. So our approach will be individual, well-researched and practical.
In a sector that’s often complex and always highly competitive, you’ll find us refreshingly straight-talking and clear.
- Advised Guardian News and Media Limited on negotiations with a European fashion brand in respect of a digital campaign promotion sustainable fashion.
- Advised Electric Word Plc on its agency arrangements both in the UK and internationally as well as advising on a distribution arrangement dispute in Australia.
- Advised LG & DE Limited in relation to a licence to use trademark goods in connection with digital learning tools and other published products and specifically on enforcement of the licence terms.
- Acted for Publishing Technology Plc, a leading provider of technology and web-based services to the publishing industry in the UK/Europe and the US, on its admission to AIM and subsequent AIM fundraisings.
- Advised Bigballs Media Limited on all commercial contract and intellectual property work in their core business.